Are you the publisher? Claim or contact us about this channel

Embed this content in your HTML


Report adult content:

click to rate:

Account: (login)

More Channels

Channel Catalog

older | 1 | .... | 63 | 64 | (Page 65) | 66 | 67 | .... | 74 | newer

    0 0

                On this date, November 24, 1963, in the first live, televised murder, Lee Harvey Oswald, the alleged assassin of President John F. Kennedy, is murdered two days after the assassination, by Jack Ruby in the basement of Dallas police department headquarters. Please go to this previous blog post to see the videos.


    Ruby about to shoot Oswald who is being escorted by Dallas police detectives Jim Leavelle and L. C. Graves.

    McCoy was at home watching TV when she saw Ruby shoot Oswald in the basement of the Dallas Police Department. (PHOTO SOURCE:

    0 0


    From left to right: Adrian Lim, Tan Mui Choo and Hoe Kah Hong
    The Toa Payoh ritual murders took place in Singapore in 1981. On 25 January the body of a nine-year-old girl was found dumped next to the lift of a block of flats in the Toa Payoh district and, two weeks later, a ten-year-old boy was found dead nearby. The children had been killed, purportedly as blood sacrifices to the Hindu goddess Kali. The murders were masterminded by Adrian Lim, a self-styled medium, who had tricked scores of women into believing he had supernatural powers. His victims offered money and sexual services in exchange for cures, beauty, and good fortune. Two of the women became his loyal assistants; Tan Mui Choo married him, and Hoe Kah Hong became one of his "holy wives". When the police investigated a rape charge filed by one of Lim's targets, he became furious and decided to kill children to derail the investigations. On each occasion, Hoe lured a child to Lim's flat where he or she was drugged and killed by the trio. Lim also sexually assaulted the girl before her death. The trio were arrested after the police found a trail of blood that led to their flat. Although the case name suggested ritualistic murders, the defendants said they did not conduct prayers, burning of joss sticks, ringing of bells, or any other rituals during the killings.

    The 41-day trial was the second longest to have been held in the courts of Singapore at the time. None of the defendants denied their guilt. Their appointed counsels tried to spare their clients the death sentence by pleading diminished responsibility, arguing that the accused were mentally ill and could not be held entirely responsible for the killings. To support their case they brought in doctors and psychologists, who analysed the defendants and concluded that they had exhibited schizophrenia, and depressions of the psychotic and manic order. The prosecution's expert, however, refuted these testimonies and argued that they were in full control of their mental faculties when they planned and carried out the murders. The judges agreed with the prosecution's case and sentenced the trio to death. While on death row, the women appealed to the Privy Council in London and pleaded for clemency from the President of Singapore to no avail. Lim did not seek any pardons; instead, he accepted his fate and went smiling to the gallows. The three were hanged on 25 November 1988.

    The Toa Payoh ritual murders shocked the public in Singapore, who were surprised by such an act taking place in their society. Reports of the trio's deeds and the court proceedings were closely followed and remained prominent in the Singaporean consciousness for several years. Twice, movie companies tried to capitalise on the sensation generated by the murders by producing motion pictures based on the killings; however, critics panned both films for indulging in gratuitous sex and violence, and the movies performed poorly at the box office. The actions and behaviour of the three killers were studied by academics in the criminal psychology field, and the rulings set by the courts became local case studies for diminished responsibility.

    Whoever says Singapore is boring and antiseptic ignores our hard-to-surpass crime spine tinglers starring inimitable rogues such as ... the very incarnation of Evil — Adrian Lim ...
    - Sonny Yap, The Straits Times, 15 July 1995


    0 0

                On this date, November 26, 1948, a Nazi SS officer, Hans Möser, was executed by hanging in Landsberg Prison. Please go to this previous Blog Post to learn more.


    Hans Möser in US custody, 1947

    Sixteen of the nineteen defendants on trial for war crimes committed during the war at Dora-Mittelbau. Locale: Dachau, [Bavaria] Germany
    The Dora defendants, Hans Möser 3rd from the right

    0 0

                On this date, November 28, 1941, the Mufti of Jerusalem had a meeting with the Führer, Adolf Hitler in Berlin.


     Haj Amin al-Husseini meeting with Adolf Hitler (November 28, 1941).

    You see, it's been our misfortune to have the wrong religion. Why didn't we have the religion of the Japanese, who regard sacrifice for the Fatherland as the highest good? The Mohammedan religion [Islam] too would have been more compatible to us than Christianity. Why did it have to be Christianity with its meekness and flabbiness? – Adolf Hitler






    0 0

                On this date, 29 November 2003, a convicted rapist and murderer, Leonard Keith Lawson died in his cell at the Grafton Correctional Centre in New South Wales, Australia. Please go to this previous blog post to learn more.


    Convicted murderer Leonard Lawson arrested and arraigned, Central Police Court, Sydney (Photo by Jack Mulligan) (PHOTO SOURCE:

    0 0

                On this date, December 1, 1945, a German General, Anton Dostler was executed by firing squad in Aversa, Italy. The trial found General Dostler guilty of war crimes, rejecting the defense of Superior Orders.


    Dostler tied to a stake before the execution

    Anton Dostler (Munich, May 10, 1891 – Aversa, December 1, 1945) was a general of the infantry in the regular German Army during World War II. In the first Allied war trial after the war, Dostler was found guilty of war crimes and executed by a firing squad.

    0 0

    Officer: Death row convicts should face firing squad

    Embu West OCPD Francis Sang’ speaks during a public debate by Power of Mercy Advisory Committee on Capital offense and capital punishment in Embu town. He proposed that criminals condemned to death sentence be subjected to a firing squad. (PHOTO: JOSEPH MUCHIRI/ STANDARD)
    A senior police officer has proposed that criminals condemned to death sentence be subjected to a firing squad.

    Embu West OCPD Francis Sang’ said the Government should not waste  resources feeding criminals and should execute them immediately after sentencing either through a firing squad or by hanging.

    Sang’ said criminals in life imprisonment live in comfort as they are assured of food and shelter all their life at the prisons till they die, despite committing brutal offences.

    “We as police officers understand this well because we visit crime scenes. What we come across in these scenes shows how dangerous criminals are. Such offenders should either be hanged or shot dead. Feeding them in jail till they die is too lenient,” said Mr Sang’.

    The officer was among security chiefs and opinion leaders in the county who called for retaining of the death sentence as punishment for capital offenders to reduce crime in the country.

    Public views

    They spoke at a Power of Mercy Advisory Committee forum organised to gather public views on capital offences and capital punishment at the Embu cultural hall over the weekend.

    The forum was led by the committee secretary Michael Kagika and the National Crime Research Centre director Gerald Wandera.

    Embu West Directorate of Criminal Investigations head Joshua Cheptoo said some criminals can never change no matter how many years they spend in jail.

    He said some capital offenders released through presidential clemency sometimes turn against their accusers and make the society live in fear.

    “Those under life imprisonment should be vetted carefully before they are released to the society,” he said.


    0 0


    Syed Rizwan Farook and Tashfeen Malik were responsible for the December terrorist attack in San Bernardino.
    SyedRizwan Farook (June 14, 1987 – December 2, 2015) and Tashfeen Malik (July 13, 1986 – December 2, 2015) were the two perpetrators of a terrorist attack at the Inland Regional Center in San Bernardino, California, on December 2, 2015. In the attack, they killed 14 civilians and injured 22 others. Both later died in a shootout with police later that same day.

    0 0
  • 12/01/16--13:32: 2015 SAN BERNARDINO ATTACK


    Syed Rizwan Farook and Tashfeen Malik were responsible for the December terrorist attack in San Bernardino.
    On December 2, 2015, 14 people were killed and 22 were seriously injured in a terrorist attack at the Inland Regional Center in San Bernardino, California, which consisted of a mass shooting and an attempted bombing. The perpetrators, SyedRizwan Farook and Tashfeen Malik, a married couple living in the city of Redlands, targeted a San Bernardino County Department of Public Health training event and Christmas party, of about 80 employees, in a rented banquet room. Farook was an American-born U.S. citizen of Pakistani descent, who worked as a health department employee. Malik was a Pakistani-born lawful permanent resident of the United States.

    After the shooting, the couple fled in a rented sport utility vehicle (SUV). Four hours later, police pursued their vehicle and killed them in a shootout. On December 3, 2015, the Federal Bureau of Investigation(FBI) opened a counter-terrorism investigation. On December 6, 2015, in a prime-timeaddress delivered from the Oval Office, President Barack Obama defined the shooting as an act of terrorism.

    According to FBI DirectorJames B. Comey, the FBI's investigation revealed that the perpetrators were "homegrown violent extremists" inspired by foreign terrorist groups. They were not directed by such groups and were not part of any terrorist cell or network. FBI investigators have said that Farook and Malik had become radicalizedover several years prior to the attack, consuming "poison on the internet" and expressing a commitment to jihadism and martyrdom in private messages to each other. Farook and Malik had traveled to Saudi Arabia in the years before the attack. The couple had amassed a large stockpile of weapons, ammunition, and bomb-making equipment in their home.

    Enrique Marquez Jr., a friend and former neighbor of Farook, was investigated in connection with his purchase of the two rifles used in the attack. Marquez was arrested on December 17, 2015, and charged with three federal criminal counts: conspiracy to provide material support for terrorism, making a false statement in connection with acquisition of firearms, and immigration fraud. Federal prosecutors allege that in 2011, Farook and Marquez conspired to carry out shooting and bombing attacks, which they abandoned at the time. Three other people, including Farook's brother and sister-in-law, were arrested in relation to the immigration fraud charge on April 28, 2016.
    The attack was the deadliest mass shooting in the U.S. since the 2012 Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting, and the deadliest terrorist attack to occur in the U.S. since the September 11 attacks, until the June 12, 2016, Orlando nightclub shooting.

    0 0

                On this date, December 2, 1999, an African American man by the name of Timothy Brian Cole, died in prison due to an asthma attack. He was actually wrongfully convicted of raping a fellow student in 1985. Sadly, a wrongfully convicted person had died in prison. I feel sincerely sorry for Cole and his family, I wished that he could have live and be released from prison. I will post about him from Wikipedia, before giving my thoughts. Keep in mind, as much as I have empathy and sympathy for murdered victims and their families, I feel for innocent people who have died in prison too. Please go to this blog post to learn more.


    Historical marker at Cole's grave.

    0 0

                A group of six members of Majdanek personnel – who had not managed to escape – were arraigned before the Soviet-Polish Special Criminal Court immediately following the camp's liberation of July 23, 1944. After the trial, and deliberations which lasted from November 27, 1944 to December 2, 1944 all accused were found guilty of war crimes, crimes against humanity and genocide, and sentenced to death by hanging. They included SS-Obersturmführer Anton Thernes, SS-Hauptsturmführer Wilhelm Gerstenmeier, SS-Oberscharführer Hermann Vögel, Kapo Edmund Pohlmann, SS-RottenführerTheodor Schöllen and Kapo Heinrich Stalp, all of whom were executed by hanging on December 3, 1944 except for Pohlmann, who had committed suicide the night before.

                Please go to this previous blog post to learn about the Deputy Camp Commandant, Anton Thernes. 

    The first judicial trial of the Nazi officials at the Majdanek extermination camp took place from November 27, 1944, to December 2, 1944 in Lublin, Poland. In this photograph, Anton Thernes, standing on the left at his trial.

    0 0