Attn! Always use a VPN when RSSing!
Your IP adress is . Country:
Your ISP blocks content and issues fines based on your location. Hide your IP address with a VPN!
Are you the publisher? Claim or contact us about this channel

Embed this content in your HTML


Report adult content:

click to rate:

Account: (login)

More Channels

Channel Catalog

older | 1 | .... | 43 | 44 | (Page 45) | 46 | 47 | .... | 74 | newer

    0 0
    0 0
    0 0
  • 12/14/15--13:26: GUN LAW IN THE UNITED STATES
  • 0 0
    0 0
  • 12/14/15--13:26: SIG Sauer P230 Handgun

  • SIG P230 / P232

    Sig Sauer P230 SL as viewed from right. Note hammer cocked. Serial number digitally obscured. Hogue grips are factory installed on the SL model.
     A SIG P230 SL
    Semi-automatic pistol
    Place of origin
    Germany, Switzerland
    Service history
    Used by
    See Users
    Production history
    SIG Sauer, SIGARMS
    520 g (18.5 oz)
    17 cm (6.6 in)
    Barrel length
    9.1 cm (3.6 in)
    3.0 cm (1.2 in)
    12 cm (4.7 in)

    Double Action/Single Action (DA/SA) With decocking lever
    Feed system
    8-round magazine (.32 ACP)
    7-round magazine (.380 ACP & 9mm)
    Fixed front and rear

    The SIG Sauer P230 is a small, semi-automatic handgun chambered in .32 ACP or .380 Auto. In 1996 it was replaced by SIG Sauer with the model P232.


    Laura Gerard (January Jones) stands up holding Cancer's P232.

    The design and function of the P230 is of the simple fixed barrel, straight blow-back configuration. It has a reputation as a well-built firearm, and competes with the smaller Walther PPK. With its relatively narrow slide and frame it can be carried in an ankle holster or beneath body armor.

    The P230 was available in both blued and all-stainless finishes. The blued version features a blued steel slide and a matching, anodized aluminum frame, whereas the stainless version was completely made from stainless steel. Both versions came with a molded polymer, wrap-around grip that is contoured to give the shooter a comfortable and secure hold on the pistol.

    The trigger comes from the factory with a 24 newtons (5.5 lbf) single-action pull, and is capable of both single-action and double-action. Pulling back the slidesets the hammer backwards and downwards to its single-action position, making for a very short trigger pull, with minimal take-up. The double-action pull is longer and more stiff. It has no external safeties, though it does have a de-cocking lever positioned just above the right-handed shooter's thumb, on the left side of the grip. The lever provides for a safe method of lowering the hammer from its full-cocked, single-action position, to a "half-cock", double-action safe position where the hammer itself falls forward to a locking point about an eighth of an inch from the rear of the firing pin. Once de-cocked, it is physically impossible for the hammer to drop completely and contact the firing pin, which would otherwise greatly increase the risk of the unintentional discharge of a chambered round. In order for the round to discharge, the full double-action pull would have to be completed, which allows for the pistol to be carried reasonably safely with a round chambered. In addition, the SIG P232 has an automatic firing pin safety.

    The sights are of the traditional SIG design and configuration, with a dot on the front sight and a rectangle on the rear sight. To aim using the sights, the shooter simply aligns the dot over the rectangle. The magazine release is located behind and below the magazine floor plate. The magazine is released by pushing the lever towards the rear of the grip, at which point the magazine can be removed from the pistol.


    Laura opens fire without blinking, demonstrating her skill.

    Due to its small dimensions, it is easily carried as a backup weapon or as a concealed carry handgun, holding 8 + 1 rounds of .32 ACP or 7 + 1 rounds of .380 ACP (9mm Kurz), respectively. A special police model was available, chambered in 9mm Police, actually a 9×18mm casing, which is very similar to 9mm Kurz but slightly more powerful.


    0 0
    0 0
  • 12/15/15--13:51: BILL OF RIGHTS 1689
  • 0 0
  • 12/15/15--13:51: RIGHT TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS
  • 0 0
    0 0

                    On this date, 16 December 2014, a hostage taker, Man Haron Monis was killed during the 2014 Sydney Hostage Crisis. I will post information about this criminal from Wikipedia.

    Man Haron Monis

    A picture of Man Haron Monis, the gunman involved with the 2014 Sydney hostage crisis
    Mohammad-Hassan Manteghi Borujerdi
    19 May 1964
    Borujerd, Iran
    16 December 2014 (aged 50)
    Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
    Cause of death
    Bexley North, New South Wales, Australia
    Known for
    Responsible for the 2014 Sydney hostage crisis
    Criminal charge
    Criminal status
    Died while awaiting trial in Australia
    Noleen Hayson Pal (ex-wife)
    Man Haron Monis(19 May 1964 – 16 December 2014) was an Iranian-born refugee Australian citizen who took hostages in a siege at the Lindt Chocolate Café at Martin Place, Sydneyon 15 December 2014, lasting for 17 hours, until the early hours of the following morning. The siege resulted in the death of Monis and two hostages.

    While Monis had a warrant out for his arrest in Iran, he sought political asylum in Australia in 1996, which was granted in 2001. Monis variously promoted himself as an Iranian intelligence official, a political activist, a spiritual healer and expert in black magic, an outlaw bikie and a Muslim cleric. He told a psychiatrist who diagnosed him with schizophrenia that he had to change his name for "security reasons," variously calling himself "Michael Hayson Mavros", "Sheikh Haron", and "Ayatollah Mohammed Manteghi Boroujerdi".

    Monis ran a "spiritual healing" business, telling some women that they needed to submit to sexual molestation to receive treatment. In 2014, Monis was charged with accessory to murder of his ex-wife, as well as over 40 counts of sexual assault. At the time of his death he had recently converted from Shia Islamto Sunni Islam, and attended Islamist rallies promoting conspiracy theories about Australian security agencies. While on bail, and facing a likely lengthy imprisonment, he declared allegiance to Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant.

    Life in Iran

    Monis was born in Borujerd, Iranin 19th May, 1964. He published a book of poetry, Inside and Out or Daroon va Boroon (Persian: درون و برون‎‎), in 1996 in Iran. It did not sell well, which disappointed Monis. In the 1990s, Monis ran a company called Salhani Amal (Persian: صالحان عمل‎‎), which he used to buy discounted tyres from the Iranian government and re-sell them on the black market. He also ran a charity scam to avoid paying tax.

    In 2001, using the pseudonym Ayatollah Manteghi Boroujerdi, he claimed in an interview with ABC Radio National'sThe Religion Report that he had been involved with the Iranian ministry of intelligence and security, and that his criticism of the regime and secret information he possessed had resulted in his persecution as well as the detention of his wife and children. During an ABC Radio interview, he claimed that his family's detention was a result of views the Iranian government believed to be "dangerously liberal". David Ruteledge, the journalist who interviewed him, described his as "a little bit dramatic."

    Australia granted his request for political asylum that year. He claimed that his request for asylum followed the detention of his wife and children by Iranian authorities after he espoused liberal views on Islam. According to London-based Persian TV channel Manoto 1, he had fled Iran after taking US$200,000 of his customers' money in his tourism agency. The former chief of the Iranian police, Esmaeil Ahmadi-Moghaddam, stated that Monis previously ran a travel agency in Iran and fled the country to Malaysia and then Australia, having "a dark and long history of violent crimeand fraud". According to Iran's official news agency, he was under prosecution by Interpol and Iranian police at the time he was granted asylum, and Australian policedid not extradite him despite several requests. Some commentators have expressed concern regarding this immigration and citizenship process.

    Esmaeil Ahmadi-Moghaddam, Iran's chief of police, told reporters that Monis had "a dark and long history of violent crime and fraud" in Iran and had run a travel agency in 1996, before fleeing to Malaysia and then Australia. "It lasted 4 years to collect evidence on Manteghi [Monis]'s identification documents and we reported this to the Australian police but since Australia has no extradition treatywith Iran, they didn't extradite him to Iran". He was protected from extradition by his refugee status.

    Iran's official Islamic Republic News Agency states that he was "under prosecution by the Interpol" and Iran provided information to the Australian government about his criminal record, mental and spiritual status. Despite this, he was granted asylum in Australia. Iranian Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Marzieh Afkham publicly questioned the decisions made by the Australian government after several discussions in which Monis's criminal status in Iran was made "completely clear".

    Life in Australia

    He migrated to Australia as a refugee in 1996 seeking political asylum. He used a one-month business visa to gain entry to the country. He applied for a protection visa when his business visa expired, and was granted a bridging visa while the protection visa application was assessed.

    From 1997 to 2000, Monis held a security guard licence, which would have let him carry a pistol between March and June 1997.

    In November 2000, he chained himself to a pole at Parliament House, Sydney, and went on a one-day hunger strike to draw attention to his cause.

    On 16 September 2002, Monis changed his name to Michael Hayson Mavros. While he was known as Mavros, he seemed to be 'embracing a secular life'. On 21 September 2006, he changed his name to Man Haron Monis.

    Monis was investigated by the Australian Security Intelligence Organisation four times, and there were more than 40 calls to ASIO's National Security Hotline. The family of his partner called the National Security Hotline in 2010 and were advised Monis "wasn't a threat". Monis had been on the Australian Security Intelligence Organisation's watch-list in 2008 and 2009, but was dropped off the list for reasons that were not specified. In 2009, in Granville, NSW, Monis gave a lecture calling for an Islamic society and taunting foreign governments saying, “your intelligence service is not working properly.”

    Monis lived in a flat with a housemate for six months in 1998. Monis said he was a senior member of the clergy in Iran, always locked his bedroom door, even when he went to the bathroom, and told his housemate not to bring friends over and not to answer the door if anyone knocked. Monis said that he was in "financial hardship" and borrowed payments amounting to $9,000 - which were never repaid.


    In 2003, Monis dated Amanda Morsy for about six months, telling her he was Romanian, giving her gold necklaces and driving her to dates in a Mercedes, convertible Peugeot and a Jeep. Monis was unable to be contacted after 8pm, claiming he was busy with his “spiritual consultation” business. Morsy described him as "secretive", "very reserved" and "formal" and wanting to "fit in" - and broke the relationship off after her family expresses reservations about his personality.

    In 2003, Monis married a woman who was a client of his black magic business, though always kept his blinds closed, and told people at a Sydney mosque that he had a wife in Iran.

    In July 2011, Monis was charged at a St Mary's police station for intimidation of his ex-wife, Noleen Hayson Pal, following a confrontation in a McDonald'scar park in Green Valley. Pal claimed Monis had threatened to shoot her and told her that he held a gun licence.

    In 2010, the family of Amirah Droudis reported Monis to the National Security Hotline because they found his behaviour strange. He was secretive with the family and always refused to have his photo taken even at Christmas. He gave them the appearance of having money and being "very generous" but vague about where he worked. They described him as "rarely forthcoming with any direct or detailed answers."

    Social worker Sylvia Martin talked with Monis during a meeting with his former wife, Noleen Pal, in 2012. She described Monis as prone to "grandiosity" and a "hero in his own story" describing him as "capable of narcissism and also capable of manipulation." Noleen Pal said that Monis had "intimidated, duped and emotionally manipulated her" and that around 2007 he "became more strict" and told her to wear a veil, and restricted her from "singing and dancing" allegedly telling her "I'm doing it for Islam ... I want to be a martyr".

    2.1.1Accessory to Murder charge

    On 21 April 2013, Pal's body was found stabbed 17 times and alight in a Werrington apartment stairwell. Monis' girlfriend Amirah Droudis was formally charged with Pal's murder, and on 15 November 2013, Monis was charged by NSW Police with being an accessory before and after the fact to the murder of Pal.

    On 12 December 2013, Monis and Amirah appeared before Magistrate William Pierce at Penrith Local Court where they were granted bail. The magistrate said there were significant flaws in the Crown's case against the pair. "It is a weak case" he said. Prosecutor Brian Royce said Monis' claims that the Iranian Secret Police and the Australian Security Intelligence Organisation (ASIO) were trying to frame him for the murder were fanciful. Magistrate Pierce said all theories needed to be examined.

    On 22 January 2014, Monis appeared at Parramatta Local Court and, after informing magistrate Joan Baptie that he was representing himself, began discussing documents that he claimed were held by ASIO. He also claimed that ASIO was "conspiring against him" as they wanted him jailed. Magistrate Baptie told Monis that she had no power to order the release of documents held by ASIO and "advised him to stop talking because he would harm his defence". Monis staged a protest outside the court, following the adjournment of the case, "wearing chains and holding a sign claiming he has been tortured in custody". He was quoted as saying: "This is not a criminal case. This is a political case."

    2.2Claims of membership of Iranian Intelligence

    Monis told individuals in Australia, including his lawyers, that he had worked for the Iranian Ministry of Intelligence and Security and had knowledge about Iran's clandestine operations, and that it was for this reason he fled Iran. However, an Iranian embassy official stated Monis' claim to have worked in intelligence and security in Iran was a lie.

    Monis said he was the secretary of the Iranian intelligence department.

    2.3Allegations of fabricated cleric status

    Monis proclaimed himself to be a Muslim cleric. In late 2007, Australian Federation of Islamic Councils head Ikebal Patel said no Islamic community leaders knew anything about Monis and believed he "could be a fake deliberately stirring up anti-Islamic sentiment".

    On 28 January 2008, Australia's senior Shia leader and head of Supreme Islamic Shia Council of Australia, Kamal Mousselmani, told The Australian that Monis "was not a genuine Shia spiritual leader" and "there are no ayatollahs in Australia." He urged Federal government officials to investigate his identity. "From the way he writes his fatwas (or religious edicts), I don't think he is Shia Muslim", he added.

    2.4Psychiatric assessment

    In 2010 Monis was involuntarily hospitalized at Canterbury Hospital after displaying bizarre and erratic behaviour in a parking lot in Ashfield. A psychiatrist who assessed Monis in said she believed he had chronic schizophrenia and needed to be on anti-psychotic medication. Monis stated that he had been forced to close his spiritual business, was $20,000 in debt, and had to change his name for "security reasons." Monis was treated by two different psychiatrists who didn't know about the other and he was giving them different information. He was described as "quite guarded and reluctant to disclose too much information" and refused to give his phone number and home address. He was concerned that "ASIO and police were following him... and that some people could read his mind," according to a psychologist who grew up in Iran, who diagnosed him with obsessive compulsive disorder. He avoided buying medication for mental illness with his medicare card to conceal his use of medication from authorities.

    One solicitor said that Monis seemed paranoid and would often speak with his hand over his mouth because he thought people "watching him" might be able to lip read.

    2.5Hate mail campaign

    Monis, together with Amirah Droudis, undertook a campaign protesting against the presence of Australian troops in Afghanistan, by writing letters to the families of soldiers killed there, in which he called the soldiers murderers, and urged the soldiers' families to petition the government to remove its troops from Afghanistan. According to Justice Dyson Heydon of the High Court, the letters compared "the (deceased soldier) son to a pig and to a dirty animal. It calls the son's body 'contaminated'. It refers to it as 'the dirty body of a pig'. It describes Hitler as not inferior to the son in moral merit". Monis was arrested on charges of "using a postal or similar service to menace, harass or cause offence". Droudis received a 2-year good-behaviour bond for "assisting Monis in sending the letters". She appealed the sentence, but on 12 March 2015 Droudis dropped her appeal.

    2.6Court cases

    On 10 November 2009, Monis appeared in court and claimed through his lawyers to be a peace activist. He later chained himself to the courthouse in protest over the charges. Monis was subsequently barred by the courts from expanding his protest to include letters to UK soldiers' families. In an inquest, lawyer Chris Murphy said that Monis claimed to be contacting families to recruit "people who had suffered loss in war" to join his cause. Murphy said "He didn't strike me as very intelligent." Monis chained himself to the courthouse against the directions of lawyers, and Murphy said "He was entirely self absorbed with his performance ... my recollection is he held a pen in the air and said 'this is my sword'." Lawyers described Monis as a "pest" and a "dickhead".

    Manny Conditsis said that conversations with Monis were "draining and exhausting." Monis expressed conspiracy theories about ASIO, claiming that families of dead soldiers were not upset at his letters, but "ASIO was putting them up to it." He said "Monis was a very proud man," who cried "like a baby" in prison. Another lawyer said he always wanted to be "the centre of attention" in the media.

    In December 2011, Monis appeared before the Court of Criminal Appeal in Sydney arguing that the charges against him were invalid because they infringed on his implied constitutional freedom of political communication, but the three-judge panel unanimously dismissed his case.

    Upon further appeal to the High Court of Australia, the six-judge panel split 3–3 over the issue. Although the High Court of Australia normally comprises seven judges, one seat was vacant and as yet unfilled at the time Monis's case appeared before the court. Failing to achieve a majority vote in Monis's favour, the lower court's unanimous decision was left to stand.

    On 12 December 2014, Monis'appeal against his conviction for criminal use of the postal service resulted in a split decision of the High Court. The decision related to his protest against the presence of Australian troops in Afghanistan, which he expressed by sending letters to the families of soldiers killed there in which he called the soldiers murderers and urged the families to petition the government to remove its troops from Afghanistan. One of the letters compared a dead soldier to a pig and called his body "contaminated". He sent similar letters to the families of British soldiers and the mother of a government official killed by a bombing in Jakarta, Indonesia. Monis pleaded guilty and was sentenced to probation and 300 hours of community service and banned from using the Australian postal service. According to The Age, this conviction consumed him for several years, and the hostage incident followed three days after an unsuccessful attempt to have the conviction overturned. Monis had been granted conditional bail because the magistrate said "there were significant flaws in the Crown's case".

    2.7Rebels Motorcycle Club

    Monis attempted to join the Rebels Motorcycle Club some time in 2012 or 2013, and photographed with a "1%" logo representing outlaw motorcycle clubs. Club members reportedly stated "no one really liked him" and described him as "strange and weird" and said "He would say he had a lot of money, but then he didn't have any." He was kicked out of the club and Rebels took his motorbike.

    2.8Sexual assault charges

    Monis ran a "spiritual healing" business and promoted himself as a clairvoyant an expert in "astrology, numerology, meditation and black magic" services. The business has been described as a front for sexual advances on vulnerable women, who were told that they could only receive treatment if they were undressed and massaged on the breasts and genitals. With some women he threatened black magic curses if they did not submit to sex with him.

    On 14 March 2014, Monis was arrested and charged with sexually and indecently assaulting a young woman who went to his consultancy in Wentworthville, New South Wales, for "spiritual healing", after seeing an advertisement in a local newspaper. Seven months later, on 13 October 2014, a further 40 charges were added, including 22 counts of aggravated sexual assault and 14 counts of aggravated indecent assault, allegedly committed against six more women who had visited his business.

    2.9Political activity

    Monis promoted himself as a peace activist, and told his lawyers that his hate-mail campaign was to make families of dead soldiers support peace.

    Commercial news media in Sydney often condemned Monis for making videos with his girlfriend narrating, expressing happiness about the Holocaust and 9/11 and attacking rape victims. Monis hated Channel Seven for their coverage of the Muhamed Haneef affair, and ran aggressive protests outside their studios. He once rushed at television hosts Melissa Doyle and David Koch in Martin Place yelling, “You are a killer and a terrorist.” Monis would often put on clerical garb and chain himself to a post visible from the Channel Seven live studio, handing out pamphlets declaring there was a “War on Islam” - leading the network to move studios when broadcasting the Sunrise program. Following the Haneef affair, in which a doctor was accused of aiding terrorists, Monis handed out pamphlets against Sunrise alleging that they told "Muslim doctors" that "If you want to kill people, why not use the tools of your own trade like a plague or a disease or something?" Monis made complaints to Channel Seven and the Australian Communications and Media Authority, which were dismissed.

    Kevin Rudd publicised his consideration of changes to citizenship laws during the prosecution of Monis's letters. Monis used social media to attack politicians including then Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott and former Prime Minister Kevin Rudd. His criticisms of Abbott, from 2013, related to Australia's military presence in Afghanistan. On 5 December 2014, he referred to a statement made by Rudd on changing immigration laws after Monis had been charged with seven counts of harassment. Before it was taken down, on 15 December 2014, Monis's Facebookaccount had 14,000 "likes".

    Monis featured a photograph of Osama bin Laden on his website in 2008.

    It has been reported that Monis was radicalised by members of Hizb ut-Tahrir. In June 2014 Monis attended a presentation by Uthman Badar and Wassim Doureihi of Hizb ut-Tahrir which was held in response to an earlier Uthman Badar lecture titled 'Honour Killings are Morally Justified', which was cancelled. Monis attended Hizb ut-Tahrir rallies and was described by Sydney Morning Herald journalist Anne Davies as "a little unstable. He also seemed a little creepy. Ominously, he also told me he did not think giving speeches would be enough."

    2.9.1Seeking contact with ISIS

    In October 2014, Monis wrote a letter to George Brandis' office seeking advice on the legality of communicating with ISIS.

    2.9.2Conversion to Sunni Islam

    Monis claimed to have converted from Shia Islamto Sunni Islam. An announcement on his now-suspended website, posted a week before the Sydney siege, stated: "I used to be a Rafidi, but not any more. Now I am a Muslim, Alhamdu Lillah.""Rafidi", which means "one who rejects" in Arabic, "is typically used by Sunnis to denigrate Shias as non-Muslim." Monis also used his website to pledge allegiance to Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, leader of the Islamic State whose 'main enemies' are the Shi'a.

    On the day prior to taking a group of people hostage, Monis posted to his website:

    Islam is the religion of peace, that's why Muslims fight against the oppression and terrorism of USA and its allies including UK and Australia. If we stay silent towards the criminals we cannot have a peaceful society. The more you fight with crime, the more peaceful you are. Islam wants peace on the Earth, that's why Muslims want to stop terrorism of America and its allies. When you speak out against crime you have taken one step towards peace.

    Australian Muslim commentators said that his conversion to Sunni Islam was less out of genuine religious conviction than designed to provide credibility in seeking an association with ISIL, as one "can't really claim to love IS when you're a Shiite and they're trying to exterminate you". He was a long-time self-proclaimed sheikh, albeit not recognised as such in the Islamic community. He was marginalised by Australian Muslim religious authorities and mosques for his extremist views and problematic personal and criminal history. It appears he came to espouse an extreme Islamist ideology on his own, and police and intelligence agencies have not identified any connections between Monis and international terrorist organisations.

    Man Haron Monis
    Hostage-taking and death

    On the morning of 15 December 2014, Monis took hostage employees and customers at the Lindt chocolate café in Martin Place, Sydney, across from a Seven Network television studio. Hostages were made to hold up a Black Standard with the shahādah(Islamic statement of faith) written in white Arabic text.

    Neighbouring buildings, including government offices and financial institutions, and Martin Place railway station, were evacuated and locked down. Some hostages managed to escape. The event lasted over 16 hours before police tactical officers stormed the café in the early hours of the following morning and Monis was confirmed by police to have died in the ensuing confrontation. Two of the hostages also died, several others were wounded, and a policeman suffered minor injuries.

    In a website posting prior to the hostage incident, Monis denied all the charges against him, calling them politically motivated, accusing the Iranian Ministry of Intelligence and Australia's ASIO of framing him.

    No one claimed Monis's body when it was released by the NSW Coroner, and the Sydney Muslim community refused to have anything to do with it. He was buried in an undisclosed NSW location at state expense.


    Prime Minister Tony Abbott was briefed by the Australian Federal Police on 16 December 2014 that Monis had a gun licence, but the AFP later confirmed that Monis "was not a registered firearms licence holder". A joint review has been announced by the federal and state governments, to be helmed by Michael Thawley from the Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinetand Blair Comley of the New South Wales Department of Premier and Cabinet. It will investigate the handling of the siege, and how Monis "slipped through state and federal security and legal nets". Although a call had been made to the national security hotline based on the contents of Monis' website, there were no threats of direct violence.

    On 16 December 2014, officers from the New South Wales Police Force and the Australian Federal Police went to the Belmorehome of Monis' partner Amirah Droudis, and removed property. Her bail was revoked after a hearing on 22 December.

    On 29 January 2015 an inquest began into the deaths at the Lindt Cafe, presided over by the NSW State Coroner, Michael Barnes. Its aim is "to determine how the [three] deaths occurred, the factors that contributed to them and whether they could have been prevented".

    The joint State-Federal review was released on 22 February 2015.

    0 0
    0 0

                    On this date, 19 December 2006, The Suffolk Strangle, Steve Wright, was apprehended. I will post information about this serial killer from Wikipedia.

     Steve Wright

    Steven Gerald James Wright

    24 April 1958 (age 57)
    Erpingham, Norfolk, England, UK
    Other names
    Suffolk Strangler
    Criminal penalty
    Life imprisonment, with recommendation of a whole life tariff

    5 counts of murder
    Span of killings
    30 October 2006–9 December 2006
    Date apprehended
    19 December 2006

    Steven Gerald James Wright (born 24 April 1958) is an English serial killer, also known as the Suffolk Strangler. He is currently serving life imprisonment for the murder of five women who worked as sex workers in Ipswich, Suffolk. The killings took place during late 2006 and Wright was found guilty in February 2008.

    Early life

    Wright was born in the Norfolk village of Erpingham, the second of four children of military policeman Conrad and veterinary nurse Patricia. He has an older brother, David, and two younger sisters, Jeanette and Tina. While Wright's father was on military service, the family had lived in both Malta and Singapore. Wright's mother left in 1964 when he was 6; his father divorced his mother in 1977; both later remarried. Wright and his siblings lived with their father, who fathered a son, Keith, and daughter, Natalie, with his second wife, Valerie.

    Wright left school in 1974 and soon afterwards joined the Merchant Navy, becoming a chef on ferries sailing from Felixstowe, Suffolk. In 1978 in Milford Haven, he married Angela O'Donovan. They had a son, Michael. The couple separated in 1987, and later divorced. Wright became a steward on the QE2, a lorry driver, a barman and, just prior to his arrest, a forklift truck driver. Former sex-worker Lindi St Clair said she was attacked by Steve Wright in the 1980s. His second marriage was to 32-year-old Diane Cassell at Braintreeregister office in August 1987. They split in July 1988 while he was a publandlord in Norwich.

    He was in a relationship with Sarah Whiteley from 1989–1993, and they had a daughter together, born in 1992. It was during this time that he also managed a public house in South London. This post was lost due to his gambling and heavy drinking. He was convicted in 2001 of theft, stealing £80 to pay off his debts. This was his only criminal conviction prior to the murders.

    It is known that throughout these times Wright built up large debts largely through gambling, and had recently been declared bankrupt. Wright had twice tried to commit suicide, first by carbon monoxide poisoning in his car in 1994; secondly in 2000, by an overdose of pills. A Thaiwoman, Somchit Chomphusaeng, claimed that she married Wright in Thailand in 1999. However, after their two week honeymoon, he flew back to Britain and she received a letter, supposedly from his mother, informing her that he had been stabbed to death. When shown photographs of Wright, after his arrest in Ipswich, his Thai "widow" gasped: "Oh my God! That's my husband!" before fainting. Later, she said: "It must be his ghost. I was told he'd been murdered."

    Suffolk murders

    Wright met Pamela Wright (the shared surname was coincidental) in 2001 in Felixstowe and they moved to the house in Ipswich together in 2004. Wright had always admitted that he used sex-workers and had done since he was in the Merchant Navy, and continually throughout his life. In Ipswich he admitted he went to certain massage and sauna establishments that were actually brothels. Throughout his trial he had stated that he had used professional sex-workers on many occasions, including three of the victims and when his partner began working night shifts and their sex life became almost non-existent, he returned to using professional sex-workers who were based on the nearby streets, procuring a dozen in the final three months of 2006.

    Between 30 October and 10 December 2006, Wright murdered five sex-workers in Ipswich. Forensic evidence led to his arrest on 19 December. At the time of the murders Wright was working as a forklift truck driver. He was found guilty of all five murders on 21 February 2008. On the following day, he was sentenced to life imprisonment and the judge recommended that he should never be released.

    It was announced on 19 March 2008 that Wright was to appeal his convictions, but on 2 February 2009, it was announced that Wright had decided to drop this appeal case.
    Prostitutes nicknamed him "Mondeo Man" and "Silver-Backed Gorilla", because of his hair colour and stocky build, and some said he liked dressing up in tight women's clothing, and wearing a black curly wig. Tiny flecks of blood were found on the back seats of Steve Wright's Ford Mondeo, and partially matched the DNA profile of Paula Clennell.

    Possible links to other crimes

    Wright is still being investigated in connection with other unsolved murders and disappearances. He is one of a number of high-profile murderers or sex offenders to have been identified as possible suspects in the Suzy Lamplugh case; he had worked with Lamplugh on the QE2 ocean liner during the early 1980s. Lamplugh went missing in London in July 1986 and was legally declared dead in 1994, but her body has never been found. However, the Metropolitan Police have stated that this is not a strong line of enquiry.

    Cleveland Police have not ruled out a link between Wright and the murder of Vicky Glass, a heroin addict who vanished from Middlesbroughin September 2000 and whose naked body was later found in a brook on the North York Moors.

    In June 2012 criminologist David Wilson suggested that the killer of Norwich prostitute Michelle Bettles may have been Wright, but his theory was dismissed by the police.

    0 0

                On this date, 19 December 2014, a Terrorist, Mohammed Aqeel AKA Dr. Usman was executed by hanging in Pakistan. I will post information about him from Wikipedia.
    Dr. Usman
    Mohammed Aqeel(alias Dr. Usman) (d. December 19, 2014, by hanging) was a Pakistanimilitant and member of the banned terrorist organizationLashkar-e-Jhangvi and former soldier in Pakistan Army Medical Corps where he worked until 2006. Originally from Kahuta Tehsil in Punjab.

    Aqeel was suspected of involvement in the February 2008 assassination of Lieutenant General Mushtaq Ahmed Baig, the Surgeon General of the Army Medical Corps. Dr. Usman was also arrested in connection with the Islamabad Marriott Hotel bombingin September 2008.

    Aqeel is the suspected mastermind of March 3, 2009 attack on the Sri Lanka national cricket team. On March 9, 2009 he escaped when police raided his hideout early in the morning. He has also been suspected of an attack on retired General Pervez Musharraf. He was said to have fled to the Federally Administered Tribal Areasseveral days prior to the raid.

    Months later Aqeel took part in the attack on the Pakistan Army General Headquarters in Rawalpindi. He was captured in October 2009 while holding hostages and trying to blow himself up; Aqeel was injured in the process.

    In 2011, Aqeel was sentenced to death by a military court. During the government of Asif Ali Zardari, he filled a mercy plea but it was rejected. 


    After 2014 Peshawar school attack, moratorium on the capital punishment was lifted in terror-related cases by Nawaz Sharif after which Aqeel along with Arshad Mehmood, the convicted for an assassination attempt on General Pervez Musharraf was accused to be executed. In the evening of December 19, Aqeel and Arshad were hanged till death.


    0 0

    George S. Patton (PHOTO SOURCE:
    AUTHOR: George Smith Patton, Jr.(November 11, 1885 – December 21, 1945) was a general in the United States Army, best known for his command of the Seventh United States Army, and later the Third United States Army, in the European Theater of World War II.

    Born in 1885 to a privileged family with an extensive military background, Patton attended the Virginia Military Institute, and later the U.S. Military Academy at West Point. He participated in the 1912 Olympic pentathlon, and was instrumental in designing the M1913 "Patton Saber". Patton first saw combat during the Pancho Villa Expedition, in one of the earliest instances of mechanized combat. He later joined the newly formed United States Tank Corps of the American Expeditionary Forces and saw action in World War I, first commanding the U.S. tank school in France before being wounded near the end of the war. In the interwar period, Patton remained a central figure in the development of armored warfare doctrine in the U.S. Army, serving on numerous staff positions throughout the country. Rising through the ranks, he commanded the U.S. 2nd Armored Division at the time of the U.S. entry into World War II.

    Patton led U.S. troops into the Mediterranean theater with an invasion of Casablanca during Operation Torch in 1942, where he later established himself as an effective commander through his rapid rehabilitation of the demoralized U.S. II Corps. He commanded the Seventh Army during the Invasion of Sicily, where he beat British General Bernard Montgomery to Messina. There he was embroiled in controversy after he slapped two shell-shocked soldiers under his command, and was temporarily removed from battlefield command. Patton returned to command the Third Army following the invasion of Normandy in 1944, where he led a highly successful, rapid armored drive across France. He led the relief of beleaguered U.S. troops at Bastogne during the Battle of the Bulge, and advanced his army into Nazi Germany by the end of the war.

    After the war, Patton became the military governor of Bavaria, but he was relieved of this post because of his statements on denazification. He commanded the Fifteenth United States Army for slightly more than two months. Patton died following an automobile accident in Europe on December 21, 1945.

    Patton's colorful image, hard-driving personality and success as a commander were at times overshadowed by his controversial public statements regarding the Soviet Union which were out of accord with American foreign policy. But his philosophy of leading from the front and his ability to inspire his troops with vulgarity-ridden speeches, such as a famous address to the Third Army, attracted favorable attention. His strong emphasis on rapid and aggressive offensive action proved effective. While Allied leaders held sharply differing opinions on Patton, he was regarded highly by his opponents in the German High Command. A popular, award-winning biographical film released in 1970 helped transform Patton into an American folk hero.

    0 0

    On this date, December 23, 1948, Seven Japanese convicted of war crimes by the International Military Tribunal for the Far East are executed at Sugamo Prisonin Tokyo, Japan. Please go to this previous blog post to learn more.


    Martyrs of Shōwa" (昭和殉難者Shōwa junnansha)

    0 0

                On this date, December 23, 1953, the NKVD Chief, Lavrentiy Beria and six of his henchmen: Vsevolod Merkulov, Bogdan Kobulov, Sergey Goglidze, Vladimir Dekanozov, Pavel Meshik, and Lev Vlodzimirskiy were executed by firing squad in Moscow, Russia.

    Lavrentiy Beria

    0 0

                On this date, December 23, 1961, Waffen SS General Kurt Meyer died on his 51stbirthday. I will post information about him from Wikipedia and other links.

    0 0

    On this date, December 24, 2012, William H. Spengler, murdered 3 people before shooting himself in Webster, New York. He had already spent 17 years in prison for murdering his grandmother in 1980. Another embarrassing moment for Abolitionist! There is no need to fight for him anymore to stay alive, he killed himself!


    Killer: William Spengler had previously served 17 years in prison for killing his elderly grandmother. (PHOTO SOURCE:
    Please go to this previous blog post to learn more.

    0 0
  • 01/01/16--03:17: L.R.A CHIEF JOSEPH KONY

  • 0 0
  • 01/01/16--06:17: MARIO CUOMO THE BABY KILLER

older | 1 | .... | 43 | 44 | (Page 45) | 46 | 47 | .... | 74 | newer