Are you the publisher? Claim or contact us about this channel

Embed this content in your HTML


Report adult content:

click to rate:

Account: (login)

More Channels

Channel Catalog

older | 1 | .... | 30 | 31 | (Page 32) | 33 | 34 | .... | 74 | newer

    0 0

    On this date, June 30, 2011, an Arizonan pedophile, Richard Lynn Bible was executed in Arizona for the June 6, 1988 murder of 9-year-old Jennifer Wilson.

    Richard Lynn Bible

    Jennifer Wilson

    0 0

    Special Detachment 88 (Detasemen Khusus 88), Delta 88, or Densus 88, is a Special Forces Indonesian counter-terrorism squad, and part of the Indonesian National Police. Formed on 30 June 2003, after the 2002 Bali bombings, it is funded, equipped, and trained by the United States and Australia.

    The unit has worked with considerable success against the jihadi terrorist cells linked to Central Java–based Islamist movement Jemaah Islamiyah.

    Please go to this previous blog postto learn more. 

    0 0

                I will post information about the SS Organization, SS-Totenkopfverbände from Wikipedia and other links.

    Totenkopf (Death's head) collar insignia, worn by the 13th Guard Company

    SS-TV officers standing in front of prisoners at KZ Gusen in October 1941.

    Agency overview
    June 1934
    8 May 1945
    Paramilitary Organisation
    Nazi Germany
    Occupied Europe
    Oranienburg, near Berlin
    22,033 (SS-TV 1939 and
    SS Division Totenkopf c.1942)
    Minister responsible
    Heinrich Himmler1934-1945, Reichsführer-SS
    Agency executives
    SS-Obergruppenführer Theodor Eicke (1934-1940), Commander, SS-TV
    SS-Gruppenführer Richard Glücks (1940-1945), Commander, SS-TV
    Parent agency

    SS-Totenkopfverbände (SS-TV), rendered in English as "Death's-Head Units," was the SSorganization responsible for administering the Nazi concentration camps for the Third Reich. While the Totenkopf (Death's Head/skull) was the universal cap badge of the SS, the SS-TV also wore the insignia on the right collar to distinguish itself from other SS units.

    The SS-TV was an independent unit within the SS with its own ranks and command structure. It ran the camps throughout Germany, such as Dachau, Bergen-Belsen and Buchenwald; in Nazi-occupied Europe, there was Auschwitz in German occupied Poland and Mauthausenin Austria as well as numerous other concentration and death camps. The death camps' primary function was genocide and included Treblinka, Bełżecand Sobibór. It was responsible for facilitating what was called the Final Solution, known since as Shoah or the Holocaust, in collaboration with the Reich Main Security Office and the SS Economic and Administrative Main Office or WVHA.

    At the outbreak of World War II one of the first combat units of the Waffen-SS, the SS Division Totenkopf, was formed from SS-TV personnel. It soon developed a reputation for ferocity and fanaticism, participating in several war crimes such as the Le Paradis massacrein 1940 during the Fall of Franceand the killings of Soviet civilians in Operation Barbarossa.


    On 26 June 1933, Reichsführer-SSHeinrich Himmler appointed SS-OberführerTheodor Eickethe Kommandant of the first Nazi concentration camp atDachau. Eicke requested a permanent unit that would be subordinate only to him and Himmler granted the request; the SS-Wachverband (Guard Unit) was formed. Promoted on 30 January 1934 to SS-Brigadeführer (equivalent to Major-generalin the army), Eicke as commander of Dachau began new reforms. He reorganized the SS camp, establishing new guarding provisions, which included blind obedience to orders, and tightening disciplinary and punishment regulations for detainees, which were adopted by all concentration camps of the Third Reich on 1 January 1934. Following the Night of the Long Knives (30 June to 2 July 1934), Eicke, who had played a role in the affair, was again promoted to the rank of SS-Gruppenführer and officially appointed Inspector of Concentration Camps and Commander of SS guard formations.

    Personnel from Dachau then went on to work at Sachsenhausenand Oranienburg, where Eicke established his central office. In 1935 Dachau became the training center for the concentration camps service. Many of the early recruits came from the ranks of the SA and Allgemeine SS. Senior roles were filled by personnel from the German police service. On 29 March 1936, concentration camp guards and administration units were officially designated as the SS-Totenkopfverbände (SS-TV).

    Protective Custody Camp Dachau -- Inspection by the Nazi party and Himmler

    In 1935, as the concentration camp system within Germany expanded, groups of camps were organized into Wachsturmbanne (battalions) under the office of the Inspector of Concentration Camps who answered directly to the SS headquarters office and Heinrich Himmler. When the SS-Totenkopfverbände was formally established in March 1936, the group was organized into six Wachtruppensituated at each of Germany's major concentration camps. In 1937, the Wachsturmbannewere in turn organized into three main SS-Totenkopfstandarten(regiments).

    By 1936, Eicke had also begun to establish military formations of concentration camp personnel which eventually became the Totenkopf Division and other units of the Waffen-SS. In the early days of the military camp service formation, the group's exact chain of command was contested since Eicke as Führer der Totenkopfverbändeexercised personal control of the group but also, being a military SS formation, authority over the armed units was claimed by the SS-Verfügungstruppe(who would get it in August 1940). But at this time Eicke and Himmler envisioned the armed SS-TV not as combat soldiers, but as troops for carrying out what were euphemistically described as "police and security operations" behind the front lines. Thus Eicke's men were trained by a cadre of camp personnel without outside intervention; the first major training exercise in 1935 resulted in the clearing of the entire Dachau camp for several weeks while the Totenkopf military formation was organized.

    By April 1938, the SS-TV had four regiments of three storm battalions with three infantry companies, one machine gun company and medical, communication and transportation units. On 17 August 1938 Hitler decreed, at Himmler's request, the SS-TV to be the reserve for the SS-Verfügungstruppe; this would over the course of the war lead to a constant flux of men between the Waffen-SS and the concentration camps. Himmler's intention was simply to expand his private army by using the SS-TV (as well as the police, which he also controlled) as a manpower pool. Himmler sought and obtained a further decree, issued on 18 May 1939, which authorized the expansion of the SS-TV to 50,000 men, and directed the army to provide it with military equipment, something the army had resisted. 

    Natural born killers (as described by Taigman), the German SS-men Paul Bredow, Willi Mentz, Max Möller, and Josef Hirtreiter who served at Treblinka extermination camp during the Operation Reinhard in occupied Poland, four Nazi German war criminals and Holocaust perpetrators posing for a group photo at the Treblinka zoo.
    By the outbreak of war on 1 September 1939, Eicke's SS-TV field forces numbered four infantry regiments and a cavalry regiment, plus two battalions clandestinely placed in independent Danzig. Their role in the invasion of Poland was not military; unlike the Leibstandarteand the SS-VT they were not under Army High Command (OKH) control, but Himmler's. "Their military capabilities were employed instead in terrorizing the civilian population through acts that included hunting down straggling Polish soldiers, confiscating agricultural produce and livestock, and torturing and murdering large numbers of Polish political leaders, aristocrats, businessmen, priests, intellectuals, and Jews." The behavior of these Standarten in Poland elicited disgust and protests from officers of the army, including 8th Army commander Johannes Blaskowitzwho wrote a lengthy memorandum to von Brauchitsch detailing SS-TV atrocities; to no avail.

    In the wake of the Polish conquest the three senior Totenkopf-Standartenwere combined with the SS Heimwehr Danzigand some support units transferred from the Army to create the Totenkopf-Division, with Eicke in command. From fall 1939 to spring 1940 a massive recruitment effort raised no fewer than twelve new TK-Standarten (four times the size of the SS-VT) in anticipation of the coming attack on France. By now, Eicke's ambition had aroused Himmler's suspicion, and Hausser's and Dietrich's resentment, especially his designation of TK-Standarten as reserves for his Totenkopf-Divisionalone, and his appropriation of Verfügungstruppe military supplies which were stored at Eicke's concentration camps. After the TK-Division, and Eicke personally, performed poorly during Fall Gelb Himmler resolved to curb his subordinate. Cynically using as justification several well-publicized atrocities committed by the Division in France, on 15 August 1940 he dissolved Eicke's Inspectorate of SS-Totenkopfstandarten and transferred the Totenkopf-Division, the independent TK-Standarten, and their reserve and replacement system to the newly formed Waffen-SS high command. In February 1941 the Totenkopfdesignation was removed from the names of all units other than the TK-Division and the camp Totenkopfwachsturmbanne, and their personnel exchanged the Death's-Head collar insignia for the Waffen-SS Sig-runes. The camp system expanded greatly after the invasion of the Soviet Union in 1941, when large numbers of Soviet soldiers were captured. Some were transferred to the camps, where their inhumane treatment became normal.

    The Totenkopf Division still had close ties to the camp service and its members continued to wear the Death's-Head as their unit insignia. They were known for brutal tactics, a result of the original doctrine of "no pity" which Eicke had instilled in his camp personnel as far back as 1934, together with the fact that the original Totenkopfstandarte had "trained" themselves. The Division's ineffectiveness in France, as well as its war crimes, can in part be explained by its personnel who were more thugs than soldiers. However, over the course of the savage fighting in the East (during which the Division was twice effectively destroyed and recreated), the Totenkopf became one of the crack combat units of the German military. Very few of the men who were part of the 1939 Standarten in Poland were still in the Division by 1945.

    Camp organization

    In 1941, the concentration camps themselves were part of a massive system both in Germany and the occupied territories. By this time, special death camps had also come into operation while an extensive labor camp system was providing forced labor to the SS. As a result, the entire concentration camp system was placed under the authority of the SS-Wirtschafts-Verwaltungshauptamt(WVHA) with the Inspector of Concentration Camps now a subordinate to the Chief of the WVHA. The camps themselves were then administratively separated into three main divisions of Labor Camps, Concentration Camps, and Death Camps.

    As a final measure, in 1942 all camp personnel were folded into the Waffen-SS to allow for easier rotation of wounded Waffen-SS personnel into camp positions and for camp personnel to be easily transferred into combat units should the need arise. This last measure was frequently used for SS personnel who were deemed "too soft" for duty in a concentration camp or for those who showed compassion to prisoners or refused to obey illegal orders such as the gassing of prisoners or the shooting of women and children. This policy of quick transfer into a combat unit was a large incentive for SS personnel to participate in atrocities, as the alternative could be front line service on the Eastern Front. On the reverse, the SS procedures for camp personnel who refused to engage in war crimes proved that there were never any cases where SS soldiers were under threat of death unless they carried out atrocities (a common defense claim of captured SS personnel at the end of the war). At the trial of Treblinka camp personnel, it was in fact proven that there had never been a single case in the SS where someone was killed for refusing to carry out an illegal order and that such persons were simply transferred into combat with the Waffen-SS.

    Within the camps themselves, there existed a hierarchy of camp titles and positions which were unique only to the camp service. Each camp was commanded by a Kommandant, sometimes referred to as Lagerkommandant, who was assisted by a camp adjutant and command staff. The prison barracks within the camp were supervised by a Rapportführer who was responsible for daily roll call and the camp daily schedule. The individual prisoner barracks were overseen by junior SS-NCOs called Blockführer who, in turn had one to two squads of SS soldiers responsible for overseeing the prisoners. Within extermination camps, the Blockführer was in charge of the Sonderkommando and was also the person who would physically gas victims in the camp gas chambers.

    The camp perimeter and watch towers were overseen by a separate formation called the Guard Battalion, or the Wachbattalion. The guard battalion commander was responsible for providing watch bills to man guard towers and oversaw security patrols outside the camp. The battalion was organized on typical military lines with companies, platoons, and squads. The battalion commander was subordinate directly to the camp commander.

    Concentration camps also had supply and medical personnel, attached to the headquarters office under the camp commander, as well as a security office with Gestapo and Sicherheitsdienst(SD) personnel attached temporarily to the camp. These security personnel, while answering to the camp commander, were also under direct command of Sicherheitspolizei(SiPo) and RSHA commanders independent of the camps. As a result, SD and Gestapo personnel within the concentration camps were seen as "outsiders" by the full-time camp personnel and frequently looked down upon with distrust by the regular SS-TV members.

    In addition to the regular SS personnel assigned to the Concentration Camp, there also existed a prisoner system of trustees known as Kaposwho performed a wide variety of duties from administration to overseeing other groups of prisoners. The Sonderkommando were special groups of Jewish prisoner who assisted in the extermination camps with the disposal of bodies and other tasks. The duty of actually gassing prisoners was, however, always carried out by the SS.

    Sonderkommando men working at the Crematorium at Dachau
    Theodor Eicke

    Eicke in his role as the commander of the SS-TV, continued to reorganize the camp system by dismantling smaller camps. By August 1937 only Dachau, Sachsenhausen, Buchenwald and Ravensbrück remained in Germany. In 1938 Eicke oversaw the building of new camps in Austria following the Anschluss, such as Mauthausen.

    Eicke's reorganization and the introduction of forced labor made the camps one of the SS's most powerful tools, but it earned him the enmity of RSHA chief, Reinhard Heydrich, who wanted to take over control of Dachau. Himmler wanted to keep a separation of power so Eicke remained in command of the SS-TV and camp operations. This kept control of the camps out of the hands of the Gestapo or the SD.

    In September 1939, Eicke became the commander of the SS Totenkopf Division. In 1940, the Concentration Camps Inspectorate became part of the Amt D of the Wirtschafts- und Verwaltungshauptamt under SS-ObergruppenführerOswald Pohl. Eicke was replaced by his Head of Staff, SS-GruppenführerRichard Glückswho continued to manage the camp administration until the end of the war.

    In 1942 Glücks was increasingly involved in the administration of the Endlösung, supplying personnel to assist in Aktion Reinhardt (although the death campsof Belzec, Treblinka and Sobiborwere administered by SS-und Polizei-führerOdilo Globocnik of the General Government). In July 1942, Glücks met Himmler to discuss medical experiments on concentration camp inmates. All extermination orders were issued from Glücks' office to SS-TV commands throughout Nazi Germany and occupied Europe. He specifically authorized the purchase of Zyklon B for use at Auschwitz.

    But as the tide of war changed in Europe, conditions became increasingly harsh for surviving camp inmates. In 1945 SS-TV units began to receive orders to conceal as much of the evidence of The Holocaustas possible. Camps were destroyed, sick prisoners were shot and others were marched on death marchesaway from the advancing Allies. The SS-TV were also instrumental in the execution of hundreds of political prisoners to prevent their liberation.

    By April 1945 many SS-TV had left their posts. Due to their notoriety, some removed their death head insignia to hide their identities. Camp duties were increasingly turned over to so-called "Auxiliary-SS", soldiers and civilians conscripted as camp guards so that the Totenkopf men could escape. However, many were caught by Allied war crime investigators and tried at Nurembergbetween 1946 and 1949.

    SS KZ personnel

    From its inception, Eicke fostered an attitude of "inflexible harshness" in the SS-TV. This core belief continued to influence guards in all concentration camps even after Eicke had taken over command of the SS TotenkopfDivision. Recruits were taught to hate their enemies through tough training regimes and Nazi indoctrination.

    SS-TV personnel lost any compassion for camp inmates. Within camps, guards created an atmosphere of controlled, disciplined cruelty that subjugated prisoners. This brutal ethos influenced some of the SS-TV's most infamous members including Rudolf Höß, Franz Ziereis, Karl Otto Koch, Max Kögel and Amon Goeth.

    In the last days of World War II, a special group called the "Auxiliary-SS" (SS-Mannschaft) was formed as a last-ditch effort to keep concentration camps running and allow regular SS personnel to escape. Auxiliary-SS members were not considered regular SS personnel, but were conscripted members from other branches of the German military, the Nazi Party, and the Volkssturm. Such personnel wore a distinctive twin swastika collar patch and served as camp guard and administrative personnel until the surrender of Germany.

    An SS-TV Scharführerfrom KZ Mauthausen. His collar and hat band patches show the Totenkopf insignia of a concentration camp guard.
    Combat formations
    • 1st TK-Standarte Oberbayern. Formed 1937 at Dachau. During the Polish invasion conducted "security operations" behind the lines. Redesignated 1. SS-Totenkopf-Infanterie-Regiment and assigned to the Totenkopf Division 10/39.
    • 2nd TK-Standarte Brandenburg. Formed 1937 at Oranienburg. During the Polish invasion conducted "security operations" behind the lines. Redesignated 2. SS-Totenkopf-Infanterie-Regiment and assigned to the Totenkopf Division 10/39.
    • 3rd TK-Standarte Thüringen. Formed 1937 at Buchenwald. During the Polish invasion conducted "security operations" behind the lines. Redesignated 3. SS-Totenkopf-Infanterie-Regiment and assigned to the Totenkopf Division, with some men forming the cadre of the 10. TK-Standarte, 11/39.
    • 4th TK-Standarte Ostmark. Formed 1938 at Vienna and Berlin. III Sturmbann Götze detached to form the core of SS Heimwehr Danzig 7/39. Garrison duty at Prague 10/39 and in the Netherlands 6/40. Designated 4. SS-Infanterie-Regiment 2/41, assigned to 2. SS-Infanterie-Brigade 5/41.
    • SS-Wachsturmbann Eimann. Formed 1939 at Danzig. During the Polish invasion conducted "security operations" behind the lines. Dissolved 1940.
    • TK-Reiter-Standarte. Formed 9/39 in Poland to conduct "security operations" behind the lines. Expanded and divided into 1. and 2. TK-Reiter-Standarten 5/40. Redesignated 1. and 2. SS-Kavallerie-Regimenter 2/41, combined into SS-Kavallerie-Brigade (later SS-Kavallerie-Division Florian Geyer) 9/41.
    • 5th TK-Standarte Dietrich Eckart. Formed 1939 at Berlin and Oranienburg. Designated 5. SS-Infanterie-Regiment 2/41, assigned to 2. SS-Infanterie-Brigade 5/41.
    • 6th TK-Standarte. Formed 1939 at Prague. Garrison duty in Norway 5/40. Designated 6. SS-Infanterie-Regiment 2/41, assigned to Kampfgruppe Nord (later 6. SS-Gebirgs-Division Nord) spring 41.
    • 7th TK-Standarte. Formed 1939 at Brno. Garrison duty in Norway 5/40. Designated 7. SS-Infanterie-Regiment 2/41, assigned to Kampfgruppe Nord (later 6. SS-Gebirgs-Division Nord) spring 41.
    • 8th TK-Standarte. Formed 1939 at Crakow. Designated 8. SS-Infanterie-Regiment 2/41, assigned to 1. SS-Infanterie-Brigade 4/41.
    • 9th TK-Standarte. Formed 1939 at Danzig. Reorganized (with elements of St. 12) into Standarte "K" (Kirkenes, Norway) 8-11/40, redesignated 9. SS-Infanterie-Regiment 2/41, assigned to Kampfgruppe Nord spring 41. Incorporated into SS-Regiment Thule 8/42.
    • 10th TK-Standarte. Formed 1939 at Buchenwald. Garrison duties in Poland 1940. Designated 10. SS-Infanterie-Regiment 2/41, assigned to 1. SS-Infanterie-Brigade 4/41.
    • 11th TK-Standarte. Formed 1939 at Radom. Garrison duty in the Netherlands 5/40. Assigned to SS-Infanterie-Division (mot) Reich to replace the 2. SS-Infanterie-Regiment Germania 12/40 and redesignated 11. SS-Infanterie-Regiment.
    • TK-Standarten 12-16 were raised in the winter of 1939-40, but disbanded the following summer, their personnel used to fill out other units.

    0 0

    On this date, July 1, 2008, a Floridian Pedophile, Mark Dean Schwab was executed by lethal injection in Florida for the April 18, 1991 murder of 11-year-old Junny Rios-Martinez.

    0 0

                On this date, July 2, 1976, Gregg v. Georgia reaffirmed the United States Supreme Court's acceptance of the use of the death penalty in the United States, upholding, in particular, the death sentence imposed on Troy Leon Gregg. Please go to this previous Blog Post to learn more.

    0 0

     On this date, July 2, 1881, one of my beloved American Presidents, James A. Garfield (the 20thPresident of the U.S.A) was assassinated; he died 11 weeks later on September 19, 1881. Charles J. Guiteau was executed by hanging on June 30, 1882. He was executed less than a year after the assassination and after 10 months after the President died on September 19, 1881. What a swift and sure execution! Most important of all, he is guilty beyond any doubt.

                Please go to this previous blog post to learn more.

    An engraving of James A. Garfield's assassination, published in Frank Leslie's Illustrated Newspaper. The caption reads "Washington, D.C.—The attack on the President's life—Scene in the ladies' room of the Baltimore and Ohio Railroad depot—The arrest of the assassin / from sketches by our special artist's A. Berghaus and C. Upham."
    President Garfield is at center right, leaning after being shot. He is supported by Secretary of State James G. Blaine who wears a light colored top hat. To left, assassin Charles Guiteau is restrained by members of the crowd, one of whom is about to strike him with a cane.

    0 0
    0 0
    0 0

                On this date, July 4, 2014, ISIS Leader, Abu Bakr Al-Baghadi made a speech at the Great Mosque of al-Nuri in Mosul, northern Iraq. I will post the transcript of his speech from:

    A still from the video appearing to show Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi. The photo was tweeted by the jihadist affiliated group Furqan Media amd cannot be verified independently. Photograph: Furqan Media/EPA


    TRANSLATION: In the name of Allah, the Most Merciful, the Especially Merciful. Merciful, al-Furqan presents, The Khutbah and group salah in the great masjid in the city of Mosul, the 6th of Rama’dhan, 1435
    Baghdadi: May the peace and blessings of Allah be upon you all. Then the call to prayer goes off, he uses a siwak (toothbrush)

    Opening to khutbah, inna alhamdullilahi etc. with associated Qur’an. Opening ends, “O you who have believed, decreed upon you is fasting as it was decreed upon those before you that you may become righteous”

    Allah, the exalted, said “The month of Ramadhan [is that] in which was revealed the Qur’an, a guidance for the people and clear proofs of guidance and criterion. So whoever sights [the new moon of] the month, let him fast it;”

    O Muslims! The one who ages to see Rama’dhan has been given a great ni’ma. (Blessing.) And a great bounty from Allah, the Exalted.

    It is a month which beginning is mercy. And it’s middle is forgiveness. And it’s end is preservation from the hellfire. A month in which if one fasts with conviction and expectation of forgiveness, he will be forgiven. On the authority of Abu Hurayrah, may Allah be pleased with him, the messenger of Allah, may his peace and blessings be upon him, said: “The one who fasts rama’dhan with conviction and expectation of forgiveness, his sins are forgiven. And the one who withstands rama’dhan with expectation and conviction of forgiveness, his sins will be forgiven.”

    A month that brings the opening of the doors of eternal paradise and the shutting of the doors of the hellfire. And the jailing of the devils. A month therein is a night which is superior to one thousand nights. Whoever has made it impermissible upon himself (not doing it) has made the entirety of khair (good) impermissible upon himself.

    (Quran) “The Night of Decree is better than a thousand months. The angels and the Spirit descend therein by permission of their Lord for every matter. Peace it is until the emergence of dawn”

    A month in it is being divorced. Divorced from the hellfire. And this is true of each of its’ nights. A month that stood in it the chase of jihad. And the messenger of Allah, may peace and blessings be upon him, said: (Prophetic narration about jihad)

    So take advantage of this noble month, O worshipper of Allah! Fight therein etc. O Muslims! Allah, the Blessed and Exalted, created us to single Him out in monotheism, and to establish His all encompassing way of life (deen/Islam). He, the exalted said:

    (Quran) “I did not create the jinn and mankind except to worship me”

    And Allah likes us to kill his enemies, and make jihad in his sake

    He, the Exalted said:

    (Quran) “Fighting has been enjoined upon you while it is hateful to you”

    And He, the Exalted, said

    (Quran) “And fight them until there is no fitnah and [until] the religion, all of it, is for Allah. And if they cease – then indeed, Allah is Seeing of what they do.”

    O people! The religion of Allah, be just in it, stand up for it, and affirm it’s truthfulness, and do not stray from what Allah has given us. Be firm with the shari’a of Allah, and the reference to it, and apply and accept of hudud (Islamic punishments).

    (Quran) “We have already sent Our messengers with clear evidences and sent down with them the Scripture and the balance that the people may maintain [their affairs] in justice. And We sent down iron, wherein is great military might and benefits for the people, and so that Allah may make evident those who support Him and His messengers unseen. Indeed, Allah is Powerful and Exalted in Might.”
    And this is the application of the religion of Allah. And this is the Book that gives guidance, and the sword that delivers swift victories (he’s referring to Surat al-Fath)

    And your brothers the mujahideen, indeed did Allah, blessed and exalted, give them victories and conquests which came after many years of hardship and patience. And they were firm against the enemies of Allah, and He made them powerful in the land until the declaration of the Caliphate and choice of an imam. And this is a matter obligatory upon all muslims. It is Waajib! (highest level of obligation) And it must be applied upon the earth entirely. Yet most of the people are ignorant.

    (A bit on those who reestablished caliphate) And they established it, all glory and thanks is to Allah. And if you have forfeited this huge blessing, if you have forfeited this heavy burden, turn away from that, and you will have forfeited the blessing in you. I’ve been tested by Allah in my election as caliph. It’s a heavy burden. I’m no better than you. Advise me when I err and follow me if I succeed. And assist me against the tawagheet.

    And I give you an glad tidings from what Allah has promised to the believers who worship Him:

    (Quran) “Allah has promised those who have believed among you and done righteous deeds that He will surely grant them succession [to authority] upon the earth just as He granted it to those before them and that He will surely establish for them [therein] their religion which He has preferred for them and that He will surely substitute for them, after their fear, security, [for] they worship Me, not associating anything with Me. But whoever disbelieves after that – then those are the defiantly disobedient.”

    And His promise:

    (Quran) “So do not weaken and do not grieve, and you will be superior if you are [true] believers.”
    (couple more Qur’anic ayat about victories)

    And He said:

    (Quran) “And to Allah belongs [all] honor, and to His Messenger, and to the believers, but the hypocrites do not know.”

    These are the promises of Allah. And if you are pleased with the promises of Allah, fear Him and have taqwa (righteousness/God-consciousness)

    Fear Allah in every blessing and in every situation. And spread the truth. And be firm upon it. And spread it upon those you love and those you hate.

    And if you are pleased with the promise of Allah, then make jihad in his sake!  And call the believers to this, and have patience in the times of doubt. If you knew what was in the jihad, from the ajr (reward), karama (generous blessing), raising in rank, the honor in this life and the next, none of you would stray from the path of jihad!

    (Quran) “Believe in Allah and His Messenger and strive in the cause of Allah with your wealth and your lives. That is best for you, if you should know. He will forgive for you your sins and admit you to gardens beneath which rivers flow and pleasant dwellings in gardens of perpetual residence. That is the great attainment.”

    And that which you love, victory from Allah, and an conquest, is close!

    End of khutbah, I ask Allah to forgive us and you, etc.


    Praise be to Allah in truth.May the peace and blessings be upon the messenger of Allah, his friends, companions, family etc. La ilaha il Allah, wahdahu la shareeka lah.

    I bear witness that none is worthy of worship except Allah, with none in association, who gave victory to His army.

    O worshipers of Allah! Apply your religion and act upon it. And fear Allah Who bestows upon you honor in this life and the hereafter. If you are given hardship, fear Allah. If you are bestowed with rizq (pre-determined wealth), then fear Allah. And if you are given a life full of blessings fear Allah, and make jihad in his sake. We ask Allah, the Great, the Lord of the great Throne, to make your words united. And to repair what is between you, and to give you guidance as towards what He loves and is pleased with.

    O Allah, give honor to Islam and the Muslims.

    O Allah, give Islam victory over the disbelief and the disbelievers, and give victory to the mujahideen, in the East of this earth and it’s West

    (Supplications about making them firm and successful.)

    (Normal supplications about protection from hypocrisy and accepted deeds and forgiveness, etc.)

    And the last of our call is, all glory and thanks is to the Nourisher of all things. And may peace and blessings be upon our Prophet Muhammad.

    And stand for salah.


    **The last few minutes of the video are the sheikh reciting Qur’an.**

    0 0

                On this date, July 4, 1946, eleven guards of the Stutthof concentration camp were publicly hanged for what was described as "sadistic abuse of prisoners." Among those hanged were five women: Gerda Steinhoff, Wanda Klaff, Jenny-Wanda Barkmann, Ewa Paradies and Elisabeth Becker, all of whom had been judged and sentenced during the first Stutthof Trial, at Gdańsk between April 25 and May 31, 1946.

    0 0

    QUOTE:“When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.”

    AUTHOR: Thomas Jefferson (April 13, 1743 (April 2, 1743 O.S.) – July 4, 1826) was an American Founding Father, the principal author of the Declaration of Independence (1776) and the third President of the United States (1801–1809).

    0 0

    On this date, July 6, 1994, a White Supremacist Lifer, Troy Kell murdered his African-American Inmate, Lonnie Blackmon at the Utah Department of Corrections Gunnison facility. Please go to this previous blog post to learn more.

    Troy Kell

    0 0

                On this date, July 6, 1999. Philadelphian Serial Killer, Gary Heidnik, was executed by lethal injection at State Correctional Institution – Rockview in Centre County, Pennsylvania. As of 2014, he is the last person to be executed by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Please go to this previous blog post to learn more. 

    Gary Heidnik

    0 0

    In 2002, a Jewish law student discovered a 120-page report from the 1940s.

    It was compiled by members of the OSS, an American spy agency in World War II.

    The report was called The Nazi Master Plan: The Persecution of the Christian Churches. The documents lay out a step-by-step plan to de-Christianize Germany:
    • “Take over the churches from within, using party sympathizers.
    • Discredit, jail or kill Christian leaders.
    • Re-indoctrinate the congregants.
    • Give them a new faith in Germany’s Third Reich.”
    I will post information about this Nazi War Crime from several internet sources.


    Polish hostages (including Roman Catholic priests) at Old Market Square in Bydgoszcz. September 9, 1939

    The Nazi master plan: The persecution of the Christian churchesKindle Edition
    by Carl E Schcrake(Author)

    Early in his political career, Adolf Hitler claimed to be a Christian. He even made an agreement with the Catholic church that would guarantee them religious freedom in exchange for political support. However, Hitler had no intention of honouring this deal, but was merely aiming to win over an important constituency in Germany until such time as he would control the levers of power to the point where he could do away with them at will.

    Alfred Rosenberg, a member of Hitler’s inner circle, stated at the Nuremberg Congress of 1938, “I am absolutely clear in my own mind, and I think I can speak for the Fuhrer as well, that both the Catholic and Protestant churches must vanish from the life of our people.”

    As Hitler grew more powerful, his religious tolerance disappeared, and he tried to replace Christianity with a new “Reich Church,” a religion in which there was no god but Hitler.

    His fellow Nazis were only too happy to embrace their Fuhrer as Germany’s messiah.

    “It is only on one or two exceptional points that Christ and Hitler stand comparably. For Hitler is far too big a man to be compared with one so petty,” said Julius Streicher, the publisher of the Nazi paper Der Sturmer.

    Hitler’s propaganda minister Joseph Goebbels said, “Our Fuhrer is the intermediary between his people and the throne of God. Everything the Fuhrer utters is religion in the highest sense.”

    Hitler developed a 30-point plan for the new “National Reich Church,” which was even published by The New York Times in 1942. Among the rules:

    No pastors, chaplains or priests were allowed to speak in church…. only National Reich orators.
    All Bibles and pictures of saints were removed from the church altars and replaced with copies of Mein Kampf.
    The cross was also removed and replaced with the swastika.
    One of the most controversial Reich Church rules involved the Bible.
    Although Hitler quoted scripture in many of his early speeches, he later referred to it as “a fairy story invented by the Jews,” and in 1942, the Bible became a banned book in Germany.

    Hitler had 100,000 copies of his own bible printed. In Hitler’s bible, all Hebrew words like hallelujah were removed. He also replaced the Ten Commandments with twelve of this own. Among them:

    Keep the blood pure and your honor holy.
    Maintain and multiply the heritage of your forefathers.
    Joyously serve the people with work and sacrifice.
    Honour your Fuhrer and Master.

    Hitler also wrote his own version of the Lord’s Prayer, to be recited by the Hitler Youth:

    “Adolf Hitler, you are our great Fuhrer. Thy name makes the enemy tremble. Thy Third Reich comes; thy will alone is law upon the earth. Let us hear daily thy voice, and order us by thy leadership, for we will obey to the end, even with our lives We praise thee; hail Hitler Fuhrer my Fuhrer, given me by God. Protect and preserve my life for long. You saved Germany in time of need; I thank you for my daily bread; be with me for a long time, do not leave me, Fuhrer my Fuhrer, my faith, my light – hail, my Fuhrer.”

    Hitler had his own church, his own bible and even his own hymn, sung every day in German schools:

    “Adolf Hitler is our savior, our hero. He is the noblest being in the whole wide world. For Hitler, we live. For Hitler, we die. Our Hitler is our Lord, who rules a brave new world.”

    Now that Hitler had set up his own Reich religion, it was time to get rid of the competition. This document describes the Nazi master plan for the elimination of Christianity from Germany.

    In 2002, a Jewish law student discovered a 1945 report compiled by members of the OSS, an American spy agency during World War II. The report was called The Nazi Master Plan: The Persecution of the Christian Churches.

    For a fascinating look at the origins of the Second World War, and how it laid the foundation for the world's current financial woes, see the title "Cheated - Understanding the economic crisis and impending financial collapse".

    0 0


    George W. Bush
    QUOTE:We must appreciate the dignity of life in all its seasons, even the path of the elderly in the twilight of their years, to work toward the day when every child, born and unborn, is welcomed to life and protected by law. [Catholic Press Association Convention, (May 26, 2000)]

    AUTHOR:George Walker Bush (born July 6, 1946) is an American politician and businessman who was the 43rd President of the United States from 2001 to 2009 and the 46th Governor of Texas from 1995 to 2000. The eldest son of Barbara Bush and George H. W. Bush, he was born in New Haven, Connecticut. After graduating from Yale University in 1968 and Harvard Business School in 1975, Bush worked in oil businesses. He married Laura Welch in 1977 and ran unsuccessfully for the House of Representatives shortly thereafter. He later co-owned the Texas Rangers baseball team before defeating Ann Richards in the 1994 Texas gubernatorial election. In a close and controversial election, Bush was elected president in 2000, becoming the fourth president to be elected despite receiving less popular votes nationwide than his opponent. Bush is the second president to have been the son of a former president. He is also the brother of Jeb Bush, former Governor of Florida.

    0 0

    0 0

                On this date, July 14, 1976, Waffen-SS Field Officer, Joachim Peiper was murdered by unknown assailants in France. I will post information about this Nazi Officer from Wikipedia and other links.

    Joachim Peiper

    Joachim Peiper

    30 January 1915
    Berlin, Prussia, Imperial Germany
    14 July 1976 (aged 61)
    Traves, Haute-Saône, France
    Buried at
    St Anna's Church
    Schondorf am Ammersee, Bavaria, Germany
    Nazi Germany
    Years of service
    1st SS Div. Leibstandarte SS Adolf Hitler
    World War II
    Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves and Swords
    Other work
    Executive in Porsche and Volkswagen

    Joachim Peiper(German pronunciation:[ˈjoːaxɪm ˈpaɪpɐ]; 30 January 1915 – 14 July 1976), also known as Jochen Peiper, was a field officer in the Waffen-SS during World War II and personal adjutant to Reichsführer-SS Heinrich Himmler between November 1940 and August 1941. Peiper fought on both the Eastern Front against the Red Army and the Western Front against the Western Allies, and he won the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves and Swords for extreme battlefield bravery and outstanding military leadership. By 1945, he was an SS-Standartenführerand the Waffen-SS's youngest regimental colonel.

    Peiper, who had three children with his wife Sigurd (Sigi) Hinrichsen, was convicted of war crimes committed in Belgium and imprisoned for almost 12 years. He was accused of war crimes in Italy, but Italian and German courts concluded that there was insufficient evidence to warrant prosecution.

    After his release from prison, Peiper worked for both Porsche and Volkswagen, before moving to France, where he translated books from English to German under the nom de plumeRainer Buschmann. Peiper was murdered in France in July 1976, when he was shot by unknown assailants who then burned his house to the ground using Molotov cocktails.

    Early life and family

    Peiper was born on 30 January 1915 into a middle class family from the Silesian region of Germany. His father, Captain Waldemar Peiper, served in the Imperial German Army and fought in the colonial campaigns in East Africa. He was awarded the military cross in 1904, wounded several times and became infected with malaria. When World War I broke out, his father resumed service and was sent to Turkey. In 1915, however, cardiac troubles resulting from his exposure to malaria forced him to retire from active duty. After the war, he joined the Freikorpsand took part in the Silesian Uprisings.

    Peiper had two brothers, Hans-Hasso and Horst. Hans-Hasso attempted suicide, which left him in a vegetative state. He died of tuberculosis in 1942. Peiper pursued a normal academic education at Goethe Oberrealschule, but did not obtain the grades needed to continue to university. In 1926, Peiper followed his other brother Horst and joined the Scout movement. It was during this time that he developed an interest in a military career. Peiper’s brother Horst joined the Luftwaffe but seeing that his high level of belief in the Nazi Party would not affect his role there, he joined the SS, eventually reaching the rank of Hauptsturmführer. Horst participated in the Battle of France with the 3rd SS Division Totenkopfbefore being transferred to Poland, where he died in an accident.


    On his twenty-fourth birthday, Peiper was promoted to Obersturmführer. Around this time, he met Sigurd (Sigi) Hinrichsen, a secretary on Himmler’s personal staff and a close friend of Hedwig Potthast, Himmler’s mistress. Peiper and Hinrichsen were married on 26 June 1939 in a ceremony following SS customs. The couple lived in Berlin until the first allied air raids on Berlin, when Sigi was sent to Rottach, Upper Bavaria, near Himmler's second residence. The couple had three children: Hinrich, Elke and Silke.

    Gathering: A picture of a Hitler Youth 'Landjahr' training camp taken in 1938 by a 15-year-old boy who was taking part
    Military career pre-World War II

    Peiper turned 18 years old on the day that Adolf Hitler was appointed Chancellor of Germany. He volunteered to join the Hitler Youth (German: Hitlerjugend) together with his oldest brother Horst.

    Peiper wanted to join Reiterregiment 4, a cavalry division of the German self-defense forces. To gain skill at horseriding, he followed the advice of a family friend, General Walther von Reichenau, and enlisted in the 7th SS Reiterstandarte on 12 October 1933. On 23 January 1934, he was promoted to SS-Mann with SS number 132,496. In 1934, during the annual Nuremberg Rally, Peiper was promoted to SS-Sturmmannand later gained the attention of Heinrich Himmler. Himmler convinced him to enlist in the SS-Verfügungstruppe and, in his 1935 résumé, Peiper wrote: "As a result of a personal exhortation by the Reichsführer-SS, Himmler, I have decided to strive for a career as an active senior SS officer. Even so, he never appeared in the official listing of all middle and senior SS officers, the SS-Dienstalterslisten.
    A few months later, Peiper considered leaving school before he completed his final examinations. In January 1935, he was sent to a camp for Hitler Youth, SA and SS members near Jüterbog, adjoining Germany's largest regular army camp and artillery school. Peiper joined a course that was already in progress. After he completed the course, he was promoted to SS-Unterscharführer.

    On 24 April 1935, Peiper attended the newly created SS-Junkerschule Bad Tölz (English: SS officer's training school) in Bavaria under the command of Paul Hausser. Peiper later wrote that the goal of the school was to train officers for the army and not officers for SS departments.

    Peiper took the SS Oath in November 1935 and completed his education at the Junkerschulein January 1936. In February and March 1936, he attended more training at the Dachau concentration camp. On 20 April 1936, he was promoted to SS-Untersturmführer and, after a short leave, reported for duty with the Leibstandarte SS Adolf Hitlerunder the command of Sepp Dietrich. He remained with the unit until June 1938.

    On 4 July 1938, Peiper was appointed to an administrative post as an adjutant to Heinrich Himmler, under the command of Karl Wolff. Peiper worked in Himmler’s anteroom in the SS-Hauptamt at Prinz-Albrecht-Straße. As a member of the Reichsführer-SS staff, Peiper was close to many high ranking SS officers. He became one of Himmler's favorite adjutants. Peiper later served on Himmler's personal staff and accompanied him on a state visit to Italy.

    Sepp Dietrich (left, behind Himmler), Heinrich Himmler (center), and Joachim Peiper (right) at Metz in September 1940.
    Poland and France

    On 1 September 1939, Germany invaded Poland and, 16 days later, the Soviet Union attacked from the east. As one of his adjutants, Peiper joined Himmler's entourage on board the Reichsführer-SS's special train. Peiper was with Himmler on 20 September in Bydgoszcz Blomberg when they witnessed the execution of 20 Poles. Peiper later wrote that the experience left Himmler "speechless" for several days. As Peiper later told Ernst Schäfer, Hitler had previously ordered Himmler to eliminate the Polish intellectuals.

    Karl Wolff, Jochen Peiper and Heinrich Himmler are received by Generalísimo Francisco Franco, Spain, October 1940.
    After Poland was defeated, Peiper worked with Himmler to develop policies and plans for controlling the Polish population. Later, Peiper accompanied Himmler to Feldherrnhallecommemorative ceremonies in Munich on 9 October 1939. On 13 December 1939, Peiper and Himmler witnessed the gassing of a resident of a psychiatric facility in Owinsk near Poznań. In post-war interrogations, Peiper described the experience in a detached, factual manner.

    On 17 May 1940, Peiper accompanied Himmler as he followed Waffen-SStroops during the Battle of France. In Hasselt, Peiper obtained permission to join a combat unit and became a platoon leader in the 11th Company of 1st SS Division Leibstandarte SS Adolf Hitler (LSSAH). He was soon promoted to company commander. After seizing a British artillery battery on the hills of Wattenberg, Peiper was awarded the Iron Cross and promoted to Hauptsturmführer.

    Sepp Dietrich (left, behind Himmler), Heinrich Himmler (center), and Joachim Peiper (right) at Metz in September 1940.

    Karl Wolff, Jochen Peiper and Heinrich Himmler are received by Generalísimo Francisco Franco, Spain, October 1940.

    Rejoining Himmler’s personal staff

    Peiper returned to his duties as Himmler's adjutant on 21 June 1940. On 10 July 1940, he accompanied Himmler to the Berghof, where Reich leaders discussed the war and Hitler's plans.

    In October 1940, Peiper accompanied Himmler to Madrid where Himmler met with Franco. After passing through Metz, they stopped in Dax, where Himmler met with Theodor Eicke, the commander of the SS Totenkopf division. Shortly afterward, on 14 November 1940, Peiper was appointed first adjutant to Himmler. In January 1941, Peiper accompanied Himmler when he inspected Ravensbrückand Dachau concentration camps. In March 1941, together with Karl Wolff and Fritz Bracht, they visited Auschwitz.

    Himmler and his staff then travelled to Norway, Austria, Poland, the Balkans and Greece. This trip included a visit to the Łódź ghetto, about which Peiper later wrote:

    It was a macabre image: we saw how the Jewish Ghetto police, who wore hats without rims and were armed with wooden clubs, inconsiderately made room for us. The Jewish elders also presented Himmler with a bouquet of flowers.

    The Eastern Front and return to France

    In February 1941, Himmler told Peiper about the German plan, Operation Barbarossa, to invade the Soviet Union. The operation began on 22 June 1941. Behind the front lines, the Einsatzgruppen, under the control of the SS-Reichssicherheitshauptamt (Reich Main Security Office), conducted a war against "the Untermenschen", murdering communists, Jews, gypsies and partisans. Peiper's duties as first adjutant included providing Himmler with statistics from the Einsatzgruppen units about the mass killings on the Eastern Front.

    During the later summer of 1941, Werner Grothmann became Himmler's first adjutant. Although Peiper was transferred to a combat unit, he remained in close contact with Himmler. In their ongoing correspondence through to the end of the war, Himmler addressed Peiper as “my dear Jochen”.

    Although no longer Himmler's official first adjutant, Peiper continued to write in Himmler’s diary until mid-September 1941. Peiper may have been dispatched to the LSSAH earlier as an observer for the Reichsführer-SS, but available records show that he formally transferred to the LSSAH before October 1941. When he rejoined the LSSAH, it was engaged on the Eastern Front near the Black Sea. Peiper spent several days at its headquarters when an injury to a unit commander gave Peiper an opportunity to take command of the 11th Company.

    The 11th Company fought at Mariupol and Rostov-on-Don. Peiper was noted for his fighting spirit, although his unit suffered high casualties as a consequence of his aggressive tactics. The company killed a number of prisoners of war, a practice in which both the Soviets and Germans were known to engage.

    During its combat action, the LSSAH was followed by Einsatzgruppe D, responsible for organising the extermination of Jews and communists. Einsatzgruppe D continued its operations even when winter weather suspended active military operations. It shared the same winter quarters at Taganrog on the Azov Seaas the LSSAH and, on occasion, the division assisted Einsatzgruppe Dwith its operations.

    In May 1942, Peiper learned of the death of his brother Hans-Hasso. During the same month, the LSSAH was transferred to France for rest and refit. En route to France, Peiper left his unit and met with Himmler at his headquarters on 1 June. The meeting included a dinner attended by Reichsführer-SSsecretary Rudolf Brandt and Heinz Lammerding, a member of the staff headquarters SS Totenkopfdivision. In July 1942, Peiper again met with Himmler and did not rejoin his battalion until August 1942.

    During its stay in France, the LSSAH was reorganised into a Panzergrenadierdivision and Peiper was promoted to commander of its 3rd Battalion. Peiper took advantage of the unit's time in France to recruit young officers who matched his attitude and willingness to fight. At the end of 1942, Peiper received permission to visit his family. On 30 January 1943, he was promoted to SS-Obersturmbannführer.

    Meanwhile, on the Eastern Front, the German situation had seriously worsened, especially in the battle for Stalingrad. Peiper’s battalion left its quarters in France on 31 January 1943 for Lyubotin, near Kharkov. It was immediately dispatched to the front.

    Rescue of the 320th Infantry Division

    During the Third Battle of Kharkov, Peiper led the 3rd Battalion of the 2nd Panzergrenadier Regiment, which broke 48 kilometres (30 mi) through Soviet lines to rescue the encircled 320th Infantry Division. Leading the ambulances back to the German lines, he found his route blocked by a Soviet ski battalion that had destroyed the main bridge across the Udy River. His unit fought through the city and repaired the bridge, securing an exit route for the ambulances back to the German lines. The repaired bridge, however, would not support the unit's heavy-armored half-tracks and assault guns. Peiper ordered his men back behind the Soviet lines to find another exit, and they managed to return to the German lines with few casualties. The Soviets alleged that the Germans set fire to two villages and massacred their inhabitants during Peiper's attack.

    On 6 May 1943, Peiper was awarded the Deutsches Kreuz in Gold for his achievements in February 1943. He developed the tactic of attacking enemy-held villages by night from all sides while advancing in his armored half-tracks at full speed, firing at every building. This tactic often set the building's straw roofs on fire and contributed to panic among enemy troops. Peiper's unit gained the nickname the "Blowtorch Battalion" as a result. Another source, however, reported that the nickname derived from the torching and slaughter of two Soviet villages where their inhabitants were either shot or burned. The blowtorch became an unofficial symbol of the unit and was painted on the battalion's vehicles. It was said to represent Peiper's willingness to advance regardless of the cost.

    On 9 March 1943, Peiper was awarded Germany's highest decoration, the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross. The medal's citation described the fierce fighting:

    In Stawerowka the battalion was ordered to take Zigderowka. The mission was executed by night against heavy resistance and an enemy battalion was routed, four 7.62 guns, an infantry gun, 10 mortars and many machine guns and hand guns being captured and destroyed. Peiper advanced immediately towards Kasatschij Maidan, encountered an enemy battalion on the march and executed a hasty attack. Here, he inflicted heavy losses on the enemy and took Kasatschij Maidan. From here Peiper prepared his battalion for the attack on Jeremejewka, attacked it at dawn against heavy resistance and took Jeremejewka. Exploiting the confusion among the enemy, the battalion advanced on Leninskij and broke the last resistance. By an immediate advance, he inflicted heavy losses on the enemy which was fleeing through open fields. The battalion destroyed one T-34, six guns 7.62 and captured 300 horses. Three sledge columns were routed. The enemy casualties amounted about to anywhere from 800 to 900. SS-SturmbannführerPeiper has distinguished himself in all these fights by a sensible command of his battalion and personal bravery and has proven himself worthy of the Deutsches Kreuz in Gold.

    During this period, Peiper developed a reputation in the Nazi press as an outstanding leader. The official Waffen-SS newspaper, Das Schwarze Korps ("The Black Corps"), described Peiper's actions in Karkhov thus:

    In preparation for the attack on Kharkov, on his own initiative SS-SturmbahführerPeiper twice seized bridgeheads which proved of decisive importance in the advance of attacking forces. [...] Nevertheless, SS-SturmbahnführerPeiper was the master of the situation in all its phases. [...] Every officer and man of Kampfgruppe Peiper had the feeling of absolute safety. Here a man was thinking and caring for them, made his decisions quickly, and issued his orders with precision. These decisions and orders were often bold and unorthodox, but they were issued from a sovereign command of the situation. Everyone sensed the intellectual work and the instinctive safety behind this. Of course, the commander also had soldier’s luck. The unconditional trust of his men, however, has it basis in something else, namely the feeling that a born leader is in command, one filled with the highest sense of responsibility for the life of every single one of his men, but who is also able to be hard if necessary. But always the orders and measures stem, not from clever deliberation, but rather from a personality whose heart, brain, and hands are the same.

    The descriptions of his tactical skills propelled Peiper to become an icon of the Waffen-SS after the war, with former battalion members describing him in glowing language. Peiper was seen as an officer who obeyed orders without much discussion and expected the same from his men.

    In spite of the hard fighting, the Germans failed to regain the initiative in the Third Battle of Kharkov. A few months later, the LSSAH was engaged in Operation Citadel in the area of Kursk. Although Operation Citadel did not achieve its goals, Peiper's unit again distinguished itself in the fighting. Thereafter, on 17 July, the LSSAH was withdrawn from the Eastern Front and transferred to the area of Cuneo in Northern Italy.

    Italy and the village of Boves

    After Italian forces capitulated to the Allies, the LSSAH was moved to Italy for two months to assist in disarming the Italian military and prevent them from attacking German forces. Beginning in August, Peiper’s battalion quarters were near Cuneo. On 10 September, they received orders to disarm Italian garrisons in Alessandriaand Asti.

    On 19 September, partisans in the village of Boves captured two of Peiper's men. Faustino Dolmazzo, an advisor to the partisans, reported that when Peiper arrived in Boves, the Germans appointed two Italians, one the village priest, to arrange the men's freedom. Peiper promised the Germans would not engage in any reprisals.

    The two men were freed, but the Germans then set fire to the houses in the village and killed 22 men when they tried to flee. The burned bodies of the two Italian intermediaries were found among the victims.

    Peiper insisted his unit massacred no civilians in Boves. He stated that he sent members of his unit to search for the two kidnapped officers taken by partisans into the nearby Bisalta mountains. A platoon was ambushed and, while attempting to rescue it, the Germans came under heavy fire from the partisans. It was the response of the German artillery to this fighting that triggered the fires reported in the village. According to Peiper, the artillery section remained in Boves to destroy the remaining weapons and ammunition.

    Peiper himself reported on the action, now known as the Boves massacre:  

    "I am of the opinion that our action to free our encircled comrades in Boves nipped in the bud the Italian army's attack, for the army fell apart and no attack ever took place on Cuneo or Turin. However regrettable the consequences of our action was for the affected residents of Boves, it should not be overlooked that our one-time intervention prevented further immeasurable casualties which would have resulted from continued Italian attacks."

    In 1968, an Italian court concluded there was "...insufficient suspicion of criminal activity on the part of any of the accused to warrant prosecution". On 23 December 1968, a German District Court in Stuttgart reached the same conclusion, terminating any potential prosecution of Peiper for his activities in Italy.

    Return to the Eastern Front

    Beginning November 1943, Peiper’s unit arrived on the Eastern Front, where it took part in combat in the area of Zhytomyr. On 20 November, Georg Schönberger was killed in action, and Peiper took his place as commander of the 1st SS Panzer Regiment; a position he held until the end of the war. He was 28 years old. Under his command, the regiment fought through the winter and was engaged in numerous night assaults against the Red Army. His panzer unit played an essential role in stalling the Soviet offensive in the area of Zhytomyr. Peiper led actions by attacking the rear of enemy lines and captured four division headquarters. For this action he was awarded the Oak Leaves of the Knight's Cross.

    Peiper's aggressiveness and regiment command appointment caused resentment by some against him. In the mean time, brutal combat involving his unit continued. On 5 and 6 December 1943, the unit killed 2280 Russian soldiers and took only three prisoners. During heavy fighting, the village of Pekartschina was completely burned with flamethrowers and its inhabitants killed.

    Medical leave

    On 20 January 1944, Peiper was withdrawn from the front and left his unit. He went directly to the headquarters of Hitler, who presented him with the Oak Leaves to be added to his Knight's Cross. Shortly afterwards, on his 29th birthday, Peiper was promoted to Obersturmbannführer. However, Peiper was physically and mentally exhausted. A medical examination carried out by SS doctors in Dachau reached the conclusion that he needed rest. Therefore, he went to see his wife in Bavaria.


    In March 1944, the LSSAH was withdrawn from the Eastern Front. The transfer of all its units was not completed before 24 May. Peiper joined his unit in April. The battles in the east had caused heavy losses of men and material. The new recruits were not of the same caliber as the pre-war volunteers, who'd been recruited according to strict criteria.

    In Belgium, five young recruits accused of stealing poultry and ham from civilians were sentenced to death by a court-martial. The verdict seemed out of proportion to the offence, especially when looking at similar cases. Peiper ordered the five shot on 28 May 1944 and had the other young recruits marched past the corpses; but the executions actually had a negative impact on the morale of the regiment. The stay in the Belgian Limburg was devoted mainly to drills and refit, made more difficult due to the lack of materiel and gasoline.

    Tiger I tanks of the I SS Panzer Corps Leibstandarte SS Adolf Hitler close to Villers-Bocage (June 1944)
    The Battle of Normandy

    The Allied landing in Normandy necessitated the return of the LSSAH to the Western Front. On 17 June, the division began its move to the area of Caen, but some parts of the panzer regiment had to stay in Belgium awaiting new tanks. Furthermore, the move of the division was made under difficult conditions due to the trains transporting Hungarian Jews to the concentration camps and Allied air attacks which caused disruptions in the rail traffic. The whole division did not reach its rally zone before 6 July 1944. On 28 June, the 1st SS Panzer Regiment of Peiper arrived at the front and was immediately engaged in combat. As with the other German units of the area, they essentially fought a defensive battle until the Avranches breakthrough at the end of July and beginning of August. Having gone to the front with 19,618 men, the LSSAH lost 25% of its men and all its tanks. As with most of the Waffen SS divisions engaged in Normandy, the LSSAH lost its operational ability and was described in the official tables of the available units prepared by the OKW on 16 September 1944 not as a division but as a Kampfgruppe.

    Peiper was not in command of his panzer regiment during the counter-attacksnear Avranches. Suffering from a nervous breakdown he had been discreetly evacuated to a military hospital in the area of Sées at 70 km of the frontline. According to the official diagnosis, he was suffering from jaundice. He would eventually be dispatched to the rear and from September 1944 forward was in a military hospital near the Tegernsee in Upper Bavaria. This was not far from his family home. He stayed there until 7 October.

    The Battle of the Bulge

    During the autumn, the German forces had to counter the attempts of the Western Allies to cross the Westwall, while Hitler was looking for an opportunity to seize the initiative on the Western Front. The result was the Operation Wacht am Rhein. In a desperate attempt to defeat the Allies on the Western Front, the German armies were to break through the US lines in the Ardennes, to cross the River Meuse and take Antwerp, cutting the Allied forces in two.

    The main role in the breakthrough was devoted to the 6th Panzer Army under the command of Sepp Dietrich. He would have to pierce the American lines between Aachen and the Schnee Eifel and seize bridges on the Meuse on both sides of Liège. Within the 6th Panzer Army a mobile striking role was assigned to the 1st SS Division Leibstandarte SS Adolf Hitler (LSSAH) under the command of SS-OberführerWilhelm Mohnke. The division was split into four Kampfgruppe with Peiper commanding the most substantial, which included all the armored sections of the division. Peiper was given the use of the newest tank, the 70 ton Tiger II or King Tiger, which would be taking part in its third battle on the western front since its introduction, and with its 7 inches of armor made it impervious to allied anti-tank weapons. However, the King Tiger had a high consumption of fuel (1/2 mile to the gallon) along with mechanical defects (mainly the tank's suspension system), which would continuously hinder Peiper's ability to reach his assigned objectives in Operation Wacht am Rhein. His duty was to break through the U.S. lines along a route designated B through Spa, Belgium and to take bridges on the Meuse between Liège and Huy.

    Assigned route

    Peiper's assigned route, or Rollbahn, had many hairpin turns and traversed steep hillsides that would delay his already slow-moving towed artillery and bridging trains. It included narrow, in many places single-track, roads which forced units of the Kampfgruppe to tail each other, creating a column of infantry and armor up to 25 kilometres (16 mi) long. Peiper complained that the road assigned to his Kampfgruppe was suitable for bicycles, but not for panzers. The tortuous roads prevented the Germans from concentrating their force in the blitzkriegtactics that had served them so well in the past. Fritz Krämer, Chief of Staff for the 6th Panzer Army answered “I don’t care how and what you do. Just make it to the Meuse. Even if you’ve only one tank left when you get there.” Peiper's unit had only a quarter of the fuel that it needed. The plan counted on the capture of Allied fuel depots and keeping to an ambitious timetable.

    Initial advance stalled

    Kampfgruppe Peiper was initially delayed by more than 16 hours when the 1st Battalion, 9th Fallschirmjäger Regiment, 3rd Fallschirmjäger Division took most of 16 December to defeat 18 men of the Intelligence and Reconnaissance Platoon, 394th Regiment, 99th Infantry Division who blocked the route near the tiny village of Lanzerath, Belgium in the Battle of Lanzareth ridge.

    Peiper’s mechanized column did not reach his first day's objective until midnight that same day. As a result, Peiper first attacked shortly before daybreak on 17 December 1944, almost 18 hours later than expected. Hustling through the remains of the American front lines, he quickly took Honsfeld.

    Peiper had planned to advance through Loseheimergroben, but the 12th and 277th Volksgrenadier Divisionsfailed to gain control on the first day as planned. In the early morning of 17 December, they quickly captured Honsfeld and 50,000 US gallons (190,000 l; 42,000 imp gal) of fuel for his vehicles.

    Alternative route chosen

    Peiper then advanced towards Büllingen, keeping to the plan to move west, unaware he could take the town and unknowingly bypassing an opportunity to flank and trap the entire 2nd and 99th Divisions. Peiper turned south to detour around Hünningen, interested only in getting back onto his assigned rollbahn. He continued west on his assigned rollbahn until he had to deflect shortly before Ligneuville because the assigned road was impassable. This bypass forced him towards the Baugnez crossroads where his armored units encountered a lightly armed column of U.S. artillery observers, who were quickly neutralized.

    Peiper's unit became infamous for the murder of U.S. prisoners of war at the crossroads in what became known as the Malmedy massacre as noted below. Moving ahead, he crossed Ligneuville and reached the heights of Staveloton the left bank of the Amblève River at nightfall of the second day of operation Wacht am Rhein. While the little city was defended only by a few U.S. troops and could have been easily taken the same day, for reasons unknown he held back and assaulted at dawn of the next day. Valuable time was lost, allowing the Americans to reorganise. After heavy fighting, his Kampfgruppe eventually managed to cross the bridge on the River Amblève, and from there he found the going increasingly difficult.

    The US forces regrouped themselves and blasted the bridges on the Amblève and the River Salm that Peiper needed to cross in order to continue on a direct road to the Meuse. On 18 December, United States Army Corps of Engineers blasted the bridges in front of him that he needed to reach his objective, trapping him in the deep valley of the Amblève, downstream from Trois-Ponts. The weather had also improved, permitting the Allied Air Forces to operate. Several P-47 squadrons attacked his column spread over 20 kilometres (12 mi). The air strikes destroyed or heavily damaged numerous vehicles of his Kampfgruppe and made some parts of his itinerary impracticable, slowing down his progression. Peiper was unable to protect his rear, which enabled American troops to recapture and destroy the bridge on the Amblève in Stavelot, cutting him off from the only possible supply road for ammunition and, above all, fuel, which he lacked. In spite of these problems, Peiper continued his progress towards Stoumont before American resistance forced him to retire to La Gleize. Short of fuel, men and ammunition he held out during six days of US Army bombardment and counterattacks. Without supplies and with no contact with other German units behind him, Peiper decided on 24 December to abandon his vehicles and march through the woods to escape. He left with the remaining 800 men and 36 hours later he reached the German lines with 770 men, having covered 20 kilometers by foot in deep snow and freezing temperatures.

    The end of the war

    In January 1945, the Swords were added to his Knight's Cross. The proposal was drafted by Wilhelm Mohnke. The great fame of Peiper as a Waffen SS commander during the "Battle of the Bulge" was born.

    At the end of January 1945, Peiper was in the Berlin area. On 4 February, he met for the last time with Heinrich Himmler at his provisional headquarters. Peiper then went to the Panzergrenadier school in Krhanice until 14 February. From there he joined his unit in the southwest of the area of Farnad. His unit took part in Operation Frühlingserwachen that failed, even though Peiper’s unit recorded huge casualties due to his aggressive style of command. Peiper lost numerous old companions.

    On 1 May, as other units of the LSSAH were forced to retreat into Austria, the men were informed of Adolf Hitler’s death. A few days later, all SS units were ordered to retreat to the west. On 8 May, the LSSAH received the order to cross the Enns River and surrender to the American troops.

    Accompanied by Paul Gühl, Peiper tried to escape captivity. On 28 May, Peiper was on his way to Rottach, but was captured near Schliersee. This was less than 30 kilometres from his home. He was interned in the Dachau concentration camp.

    Although he was actively sought by American forces (due to his alleged involvement in the Malmedy massacre), Peiper was not identified until 21 August 1945. This was the day after he was transferred to the interrogation camp of the 3rd US Army in Freising.

    Bodies of U.S. officers and soldiers slain by the Nazis after capture near Malmedy, Belgium.
    War crimes


    Main article: Malmedy massacre

    During the 1st SS Panzer Division's advance on 17 December 1944, his armored units and halftracks confronted a lightly armed convoy of about 30 American vehicles at the Baugnez crossroads near Malmedy. The troops, mainly elements of the American 285th Field Artillery Observation Battalion, were quickly overcome and captured. Along with other American POWs previously captured, they were ordered to stand in a meadow when for unknown reasons the Germans opened fire on the prisoners with machine guns, killing 84 soldiers, and leaving the bodies in the snow. The survivors were able to reach American lines later that day, and their story spread rapidly throughout the American front lines.

    Peiper's instructions

    Author Richard Gallagher reported that during the briefing held before the operation, Peiper clearly stated that no quarter should be given nor prisoners taken and that no pity should be shown towards the Belgian civilians. However, Lieutenant Colonel Hal McCown, commander of the 2nd Battalion 119 Infantry Regiment, testified about the treatment his unit was given after being captured on 21 December by Peiper's Kampfgruppe at Froidcour between La Gleize and Stoumont. McCown said he met Peiper in person and based on his observations, American prisoners were at no time mistreated by the SS and the food given to them was nearly as good as that used by the Germans themselves.

    Other murders

    Main article: Wereth 11

    Peiper's men engaged in other murders of prisoners. In Honsfeld, men in Kampfgruppe Peiper murdered several American prisoners.

    Other murders of POWs were reported in Büllingen, Ligneuville, Stavelot, Cheneux, La Gleize, Stoumont, and Wereth on 17, 18, 19 and 20 December. On 19 December 1944, in the area between Stavelot and Trois-Ponts, while the Germans were trying to regain control of the bridge over the Amblève River (crucial for allowing reinforcements and supplies to reach the Kampfgruppe) men of Kampfgruppe Peiper killed a number of Belgian civilians. Kampfgruppe Peiper was eventually declared responsible for the deaths of 362 prisoners of war and 111 civilians.

    Interrogation and acceptance of command responsibility

    After the surrender of the German armies, some war crimesduring the "Battle of the Bulge" were attributed to Kampfgruppe Peiper, resulting in American investigative teams searching POW campsfor its men.

    Jailed in Freising, Upper Bavaria, Peiper underwent his first interrogations. Investigators quickly found that the SS men, including Peiper, although hardened soldiers, were not trained to withstand interrogation. Some men freely gave the requested information, while others only did so after having been subject to various forms of torture such as beatings, threats and mock executions. Peiper took command responsibility for the actions of the men under his command.

    In December 1945, Peiper was transferred to the prison at Schwäbisch Hall, where 1,000 former members of the Leibstandarte were assembled. Some reports claimed that the interrogations included mock trials, as well as both physical and psychological torture. Peiper and others claimed to have been repeatedly beaten, and threatened with having their families handed over to the Russians. On 16 April 1946, approximately 300 prisoners were moved from Schwäbisch Hall to Dachau, where they were put on trial.

    Bodies of U.S. officers and soldiers slain by the Nazis after capture near Malmedy, Belgium.